Next:
Arizona @  Utah
ESPN

2015 vs 2016 Utah offensively was their improvement?

Beat Arizona Forums Utah Utes Sports Football 2015 vs 2016 Utah offensively was their improvement?

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

Did Utah improve offensively 2015 to 2016?  I would say the schedule was easier this season rather than last.  Obviously losing Booker and Wilson has to be accounted in your estimation.  I thought the passing game improved but Utah got worst on third down. 41% in 2015 and 37% in 2016.  Now Redzone success is where you can really see how bad it has become in 2016.  2015 91.3% in the redzone vs 76% in 2016.  

I expected the redzone efficiency to drop a little.  Wilson was very good at getting points when in the redzone.  It was a struggle to get into the redzone but generally you got points once you got in there.  Utah only had 4 more redzone chances this season but failed to convert so much it was the difference in all of the losses.(Especially the Cal game)  Turnovers were a big deal in some games like BYU and Oregon but really Utah was right around where they were last season.  Despite I think less drops by wideouts this season Utah averaged a lower passer rating in 2016 and only 300 or so more yards in the air.  Utah did see improvement in rushing though which suprises me again with all of the turnover at that position. 

2016 Utah never had a stable running back.  Utah rode Booker into the ground and 2016 was no different once they got Joe Williams back they rode him into the ground.  Playcalling was predictable and on fourth down became even more predictable.  

2015 Utah Stats

2016 Utah stats

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.