• Author
      UTE98
      Participant

Last year we played six ranked teams

This year only 3 on the schedule.

Not my conference.😂

Tony (admin)
      Keymaster

I hear you. Not a lot of brand appeal in this conference. But here we are. Might as well make the best of it.

Utah
      Participant

It’s the MWC…only s**tty locations!!!

Uteanooga
      Participant

Bemoaning our conference seems like bemoaning cold during winter and heat during summer. There is nothing I can do about it so focus on the positive aspects of both seasons rather than feel miserable about the negative aspects.

The positives about being in the B12 as I see them:
      -Access to the playoffs. If Utah is really so much better than all of these B12 teams as so many believe then we should achieve births into the playoffs 2 out of every 3 years or so. That would be awesome and a huge platform for Utah’s brand if they can get some playoff wins. Think Gonzaga- crappy conference but national reputation for the school.
      -Lots of winning. Winning is a lot more fun than losing.
      -Earlier start times. I am in Eastern Time Zone so this may not help those in the west but I hated the 10ET starts.
      -New adventure.

On the other hand, these B12 teams may be better than we are giving them credit. Baylor is a lower tier school this year and their DL had some real players. It would suck to go in feeling overconfident and take some whippings.

The future is hard to predict and I am going to enjoy the season!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.