Utah @  Utah State
CBS Sports Network

2025 commits

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Zigziggler
      Participant

Of the 2025 commits who excites you the most? Thatcher seems like the natural answer because he will be a position of need and is our highest ranked commit. However, we have some pretty talented looking guys coming in.

3 4
      RedUte14
      Participant

honestly, not really that exciting of a class.
      I think McNair for me.

Tyler Henry
        Participant

I feel it is unfair that you’re getting downvoted so much, since you are right to an extent. This is a bland class it terms of individual ratings. Utah is trying to gain as much depth as possible, earlier into the cycle. By no means is our current class a representation of what it will look like come December. By getting the depth now, Utah can focus more on individual talents, like Dunn or Myles. This is a smart approach by Utah!

RedUte14
          Participant

i think it’s fair. people can have opinions as much as me.
          but i hope that is the strategy!

#3bballer
      Participant

It’s definitely not what is has been. I think the landscape has changed with nil. I think more nil money is going to be used on transfers going forward. Also, with rising, kuithe, and Barton leaving after this season I would think that would free up more money next recruiting cycle. Let’s see.

UteNamedOg
      Participant

Admittedly, not too many, but I think that A) it’s still summer, and Utah has a history of closing strong before the early signing period, and B) just because you’re a highly touted Jake Browning doesn’t mean a 5’10 Gionni Paul can’t catch your pass. A lot happens in life between high school senior year and college sophomore/junior year.

MDUte
        Participant

Here’s another one we came up short on. Talented composite 4* DB we were competing against Nebraska and TCU for and he committed to Nebraska. Maybe playing in the P2 had something to do with it…who knows.

1 2
          Central Coast Ute
          Participant

I do believe being in the B12 hurts when recruiting against a P2 team. It sucks but that’s the world we live in now.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.