ESPN

4 games down and 8 to go

Beat Arizona Forums Utah Utes Sports Football 4 games down and 8 to go

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      4 1
      ProudUte
      Participant

I know some of you are so optimistic that you believe Utah can now cruise to 12-0. I am not in that same boat. I think it is possible to go 12-0, but going undefeated is not easy, and I suspect we will fail at least once along the way.

There is not a game that we cannot win. In fact – ESPN forecasts that we will win every game except UCF. But, there are some challenges along he way. As of today, these are the most challenging games remaining IMO.

1. UCF – They are a good team that is over 2000 miles away and we have to play on a short week.

2. BYU — BYU is playing well, and you know they want to beat us more than any other team. They will pull out all the stops.

3. Arizona – They may have the best WR in America and a QB who can get it to him. We should win , but cannot afford to make many mistakes.

4. Iowa State – They are playing well and upset Iowa on the road.

These are the games I am most concerned about, but we can’t sleep on Colorado or TCU.

I hope we go undefeated, and it is possible. Just like Whitt says – take it one game at a time. Go undefeated that week and move on to the next game.

Go Utes!!!

ALUF
      Participant

Absolutely agree with your take and this list

I’m a nerd and keep a perpetual track on who wins what game. Right now I have us 11-1 losing to ucf. For the record I had us also losing to osu and out of the championship game with tie breakers. Now I have Utah and ucf in Dallas.

I would say isu will be tougher than Arizona but since we likely will have IW instead of CR, that makes it harder on Utah to beat Arizona imo. Let’s keep rolling

AlohaUte
        Participant

Fortunately, 3 of those 4 are at Rice-Eccles and I simply dont think we’ll lose there.

Redblood
      Participant

A healthy Cam changes that for me. With him we most likely score 35+ every game and when we do we are very tough.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.