Next:
TCU @  Utah
ESPN

4* LB Jonathan Cunningham just committed to Texas

Donate in the 2024 Fundraiser! Forums Utah Utes Sports Football 4* LB Jonathan Cunningham just committed to Texas

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      MDUte
      Participant

Dang, was hoping we’d get Cunningham. Something happened here because Steve Bartle posted his article that Cunningham committed to Utah. So maybe it was a last minute change to Texas?

Bartle published this artcile claiming Cunningham to Utah

MDUte
      Participant

Bartle has taken down that article and replaced it with just getting Carvalho. Usually Bartle is given the inside track so he can write these articles ahead of time and post right after kids make their announcement. Sounds like Texas came in at the last minute to flip him from Utah.

Anfernee
        Participant

It wasn’t a last minute flip. He’s been a heavy Texas lean if not a lock for a bit. This was expected.

MDUte
          Participant

I don’t think so. Bartle’s article stated “Shocker: Utah beats out Texas and TCU for 4* LB Jonathan Cunningham. And then he had written a long article explaining how Utah picked up back-to-back highly rated commitments today.

Bartle never would’ve even written the article if he was for sure going to Texas, let alone published it. Sounds like the kind of deal where he was on the phone with Texas at the last minute and they offered him enough NIL to change his mind.

Anfernee
            Participant

Ugh. I liked my version more. lol That really blows. 😔

RustyShackleford
              Participant

I f*cking hate that this is the college football landscape we have today. Oh well, have fun with mediocrity with Texas in the SEC!

2008 National Champ
            Participant

I’m pretty sure Bartle (and others) has articles pre-written on all potential commits. That way he can just upload to be first.

It’d be relatively simple to just have two versions where only the first paragraph or sentence is different based on whether the kid committed to Utah or not. Perhaps he just uploaded the wrong version initially

Anfernee
              Participant

This ^
              Sports reporters/journalists have always done it. Also Orangesbloods said “While the formal announcement happened on Friday evening, Cunningham actually notified the Texas staff of his intentions to commit during his official visit in mid-June. Texas had always been in a good spot for the talented linebacker, but it was on that trip that things really hit home.”

#3bballer
      Participant

24/7 has him as 3 star

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.