Utah @  Oklahoma State
Fox

4* OT Aaron Dunn announces on Aug 8th

Welcome Forums Utah Utes Sports Football 4* OT Aaron Dunn announces on Aug 8th

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • Author
      MDUte
      Participant

Anyone heard anything about which way Dunn is leaning? Would be another huge OL pickup for the Utes if we can keep him home.

krindor
      Participant

Latest I’ve heard is (from Angulo?) that Utah and BYU probably feel slightly better than USC and Oregon, but that they’re all really close.

Utah is as likely as anyone to get him, but overall odds are still tough

Call it 25% Utah, 25% BYU, 20% Oregon, 20% USC, 10% UCLA/Other. No inside info, just based on what I’ve heard/read

Tony (admin)
        Keymaster

@krindor “the system” doesn’t just triple post by itself. Make sure you don’t hit the back button or the refresh button after you post something. It just resubmits the last action. Thanks!

NarfUte
      Participant

Does anyone know what Krindor has heard?

MDUte
        Participant

Saw a tweet yesterday from Bartle claiming it’s between Utah, USC, and Oregon.

CB
      Participant

The byu 247sports guy said he doesn’t feel good about byus chances. Apparently Dunns decision is down to Utah and BYU, so if they’re out, that means we’re in, unless Oregon or someone just unloaded a Brinks truck in his driveway. I’m gonna guess he’s a Ute

krindor
      Participant

Some more updates as I look around various boards

Blair Angulo said on 23 July that it was Utah, BYU, Oregon, USC with the in-state schools slightly ahead
      (https://247sports.com/article/recruiting-buzz-in-the-southwest-ahead-of-another-busy-weekend-234095720/)

Steve Bartle (can’t provide a link since his 247 twitter no longer exists) suggested yesterday that it’s Oregon, USC, Utah, with UCLA a close 4th

Jeff Hansen said yesterday that he’s pretty confident it’s NOT BYU, but doesn’t know more than that (https://247sports.com/college/byu/board/103748/contents/top247-ot-aaron-dunn-set-to-announce-on-247sports-234304339/?page=1)

Brandon Huffman yesterday said he think’s it’s a BYU/Utah battle
      (https://247sports.com/college/utah/board/105314/contents/top247-ot-aaron-dunn-set-to-announce-on-247sports-234304341/?page=1)

And Huffman apparently also yesterday commented that it’s probably not Oregon
      (link is to Oregon boards talking about what they saw on the USC site…but I couldn’t actually find the direct comment – https://247sports.com/college/oregon/board/45/contents/top247-ot-aaron-dunn-set-to-announce-on-247sports-234304340/?page=1)

Putting that all together and the tea leaves are pointing Utah’s way…but with programs like USC and Oregon, I don’t think you can ever feel that confident – they’re both big names with lots of money. Beyond that, Dunn’s played this all pretty close to the vest (as evidenced by the different rumblings from different people), so I’m not sure any of the insiders really know. I’d say we’re in a good spot, but realistically need to wait and see

NarfUte
        Participant

Here’s the bartle tweet w/ new handle

D T
        Participant

krindor, who will you be cheering for on 11/09 & which team do you typically cheer for?

krindor
        Participant

Lots of confidence from Oregon in the last 24 hours or so – they have a few of their different inside sources very loudly saying they’re in the lead on Dunn. At this point, it’s really tough to call. Noise was that Utah was in the lead, but an On3 USC guy thinks they’re in the lead and (like I said) multiple Oregon guys are coming in strong for him.

Still nobody confident enough to put a Crystal Ball. At this point I’d say it’s basically any of those teams, with maybe Utah and Oregon a bit more likely, but could be any of the 3. UCLA and BYU seem unlikely, but no idea where he actually goes. Just have to wait for the announcement tomorrow.

High Uintas
      Participant

It’ll be Utah or USC.

2 1
      Caliman
      Participant

heard from a lil bird that Oregon and Utah are the leading candidates, with Utah having a small advantage.

6 1
        NarfUte
        Participant

Well s**t. Guess he’s going to USC then

krindor
          Participant

Blair Angulo now giving the slightest edge to USC… But realistically this one seems like a coin flip (or whatever the three-sides version of a coin might be)

3 1
            Central Coast Ute
            Participant

If Caliman says something always go with the opposite. He’s a usc lock.

Anfernee
      Participant

Besides being a stud, I really need him to commit so I can tweet out things like “It’s a Dunn Deal!” or “The Utes gol’ darn gone and Dunn it!”

High Uintas
      Participant

Today’s the day. Let’s be like Brooks and add a Dunn.

1 8
      Caliman
      Participant

RELAX PEOPLE! I LIVE IN SF SO I GOT THE INSIDE SCOOP ON THINGS; DUNN WILL LOOK REAL GOOD IN RED, IT’S IN THE BAG.

UteDuke
        Participant

Well, now I know we’re screwed. The Caliman All-Caps Certainty Curse has been invoked.

NarfUte
        Participant

You’ve never had a correct prediction. Also, Dunn is from Spanish Fork- not American Fork

2 3
          Caliman
          Participant

EITHER WAY DUNN IS UTE, YOU CAN TAKE THAT TO THE BANK.

AZUTE
      Participant

This is gonna come down to Utah and the Home Town Hero thing and Oregon’s NIL.

BD
      Participant

I won’t hold my breath. Oregon will back up a truck full of cash and Dunn will most likely take it. Who wouldn’t? I’d probably do the same, so I won’t blame him at all. Oregon has won a lot of big time recruits from Utah over the past years, and now that NIL is here to unload loads of cash, I expect it to get worse unless somehow NIL is reigned in.

I’d love to be proven wrong and have Dunn be a Ute, but I’m not expecting that.

OmahaOmaha
        Participant

As you probably already know, last month SI and other outlets reported Phil Knight pledged “unlimited NIL support” to Oregon football. Unlimited financial resources is difficult to overcome for any program competing against Oregon for recruits. If he lands at Utah — he’ll really, really want to be at Utah.

2 6
      Caliman
      Participant

UTAH HAS A GOOD CHANCE, UNLESS BYU THROWS IN A MINIVAN AND A COUPLE OF RELIF SOCIETY CHEER LEADERS, THAN HE’LL GO TO BYU.

Uteanooga
      Participant

I wonder what a dump-truck-load of cash is- who has a feel for how much he would have to turn down? 500k from Utah and 2m from Oregon? I have no idea.

AZUTE
        Participant

Phil Knight has pledged unlimited NIL to the ducks athletic department to compete in the big10.

Reports are saying that could be as much as 50 million a year starting in 2025.

MDUte
      Participant

Where is the faith on this board?! We’re the Motha Fu*#ing Utes!!

Dunn is committing to Utah…take it to the bank!

Jerome Myles, YOU are the next man up!

highlandute7
      Participant

He’s a UTE!

MDUte
      Participant

It’s official, Dunn is a Ute!!!

High Uintas
      Participant

According to CB, it’s not a miss because “he is soft and he has the physical tools but not the mental.” Also questioned his “desire to want to be in an LDS environment,” which we all know what that is code for. There’s a lot of sour grapes in the green Jello today.

Central Coast Ute
        Participant

🤣🤣🤣 what zoobs fail to understand is that you can go to the U and have an LDS experience. But if you walk into a room and there happens to be a female there, they won’t throw you out of school.

D T
          Participant

Bingo….I’m LDS & enjoyed the diversity up there at the U, while having plenty of LDS interactions.

Jim Vanderhoof
            Participant

I’m not LDS but love the diversity of having both. Our Ute LDS fans are awesome and I enjoy interacting with them just as much as the non LDS fans. Never been a fan of the “ holy war” theme. Rivals should be proximity based not religion based.

Central Coast Ute
              Participant

Agreed. The name never made sense to me anyway. Wouldn’t a holy war be one religion against another?

MDUte
                Participant

Yes me too. I think it should’ve been called the “Separation of Church and State”

Charlie
            Participant

Having grown up in Provo I had the experience of attending the Y for my freshman year in addition to graduating from the U. With the Institute at the U, it is possible to attend the U and experience every good aspect of the Y down to every devotional or religion class. That is all but one thing, Free Agency, which allows one to choose between good and “other” influences. In this way the U prepares young people for reality outside of Provo where existence with non-Mormon co-workers and neighbors is required. Only someone weak in their faith need the extra restrictions to keep them compliant. The key difference is choice. I could go on but maturity comes much quicker in the institution farther to the north.

Central Coast Ute
              Participant

Exactly. I’m also LDS. i’d rather my kids go to a school like the U where they can, like you said, go to institute and, at the same time, have their beliefs challenged. For me personally, I remember being called out on more than one occasion by professors who made me really think about my beliefs. It only helped me out in the long run.

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.