After Oregon’s Loss Last Night, Jaylen Daniels is the Massive Favorite

Welcome Cowboy Fans Forums Utah Utes Sports Football After Oregon’s Loss Last Night, Jaylen Daniels is the Massive Favorite

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      The Miami Ute
      Participant

To win the Heisman.

Daniels is at -1400.
      Penix is at +1000
      Nix is at +1400

Prior to the PAC CCG, Nix was the odds-on favorite to win the Heisman with Daniels and Penix following behind.

UrbanLiar
      Participant

Daniels’ mom has already booked the airplane tickets to NYC on her credit card….#stillacheateratASU

ProudUte
      Participant

I would still vote for Nix.

The Miami Ute
        Participant

Daniels has had a better season than both Nix or Penix. His performance versus the Gators, throwing for 372 yards/3 TDs and running for 234 yards/2 TDs was a masterpiece. I’m sure a lot of voters have that performance etched on their retinas. He’s just on a worse team.

2008 National Champ
          Participant

“He’s just on a worse team”

Everything that is wrong with Heisman voting summed up in 6 words. The award is supposed to go to the “most outstanding player in college football”. Leave it to urinalists to take a good idea and bastardize it to near meaninglessness.

The Miami Ute
            Participant

So you agree that Daniels deserves it and is going to win it? If you look at his stats, unlike Penix, he hasn’t had a bad game all year playing in a stronger football conference.

2008 National Champ
              Participant

Any of the 3 is deserving. As are a bunch of others that won’t even get a sniff because they aren’t a QB or didn’t have the best stats on a playoff worthy team.

I haven’t taken the heisman seriously since Hugh Green lost out to George Rogers in 1980. Even at 12 I was able to figure out that most outstanding player didn’t really mean most outstanding player.

EagleMountainUte
          Participant

Caleb Williams 2.0.

Give it to Penix.

Jutahjutes55
      Participant

I think it should be Daniel’s. Have any of you seen the comparison between his and Joe Burrows stats of his final year in LSU, Daniel’s is slightly better in most categories, and correct me if i’m wrong but didn’t Joe Burrow win the heisman that year

The Miami Ute
        Participant

Yeah, you’re right on both counts. In addition, beside having a great passing year, Daniels has also rushed for well over 1100 yards. That’s something Burrow didn’t even come close to.

2008 National Champ
          Participant

LSU also had a great defense in Burrow’s year. Daniels is having to do it on his own. But sportswriters like to outsmart themselves and they’ll typically award the player on the team with the least losses.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.