Next:
Utah @  Utah State
CBS Sports Network

Am I the only one that would love to see a Utah-Colorado rivalry flourish?

Welcome Big12 Fans and Foes Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Am I the only one that would love to see a Utah-Colorado rivalry flourish?

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      AlohaUte
      Participant

I think it would be so perfect to become a real rivalry on the level of Oregon-Washington.

Layer in the fact that I expect Utah HC and The Colo Avs to develop into a rival. I could see the Utah MLB team and the Rox developing into one and it just makes sense.

The states of Utah and Colorado just seem to be such natural rivals.

8 2
      Utes 69
      Participant

yes, you are the only one. Utah and byu is a top rivalry

nothing beats the zoobies crying all year!

AlohaUte
        Participant

I’m not saying to replace BYU, just also. Kind of like how Stanford has Cal and Notre Dame or Bama has Auburn and Tennessee. I’d love to see the rivalry with Colorado flourish.

Tony (admin)
      Keymaster

Yes

PhiladelphiaUte
      Participant

You’re not the only one. I would very much prefer the Buffaloes to the zoobs. With CU, the “winner takes all”. With ybu-p, it doesn’t matter who wins, because ybu-p declares themselves the better team anyway. The zoobs are the worst, and the less affiliated with them we are, the better. Let them ride some other program’s coattails. They can be rivals with Utah State or the Boise State, or UVU if/when they ever get a football team.

fosternano
      Participant

Either that or something like Utah and Oklahoma st as the consistent top 2 teams playing for first place in the big 12 every year.

Dallas
      Participant

It does seem a rivalry should exist between the two states on a number of levels, but there’s nothing animating it. We should all do our part: Colorado sucks!

ukiyoronin
      Participant

I mean, if 2 old pac 12 teams went to the championship game this year for the big 12 that would be quite funny. But I doubt it.

Charlie
      Participant

I am old school. Going back to the 60s UofA was always clearly the biggest BB rival from a competition perspective. Same was ASU for FB. The Y is more of an emotional rival often with little relationship to sports. The teams that are in the way of a championship in years that we are competitive in that sport should be the rival and can change over time.

UofU Fanatic
      Participant

I would like it to develop as an additional rivalry. Especially as I’m hearing Prime may be there for the next decade. Morgan Scalley against Primetime!

I really would like a Utes vs Cowboys rivalry to also develop

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.