Andrews as RB

Welcome Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Andrews as RB

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      bopahull
      Participant
      Dallas
      Participant

Fingers crossed he’ll be able to get those tough 2-3 yards on 4th down. That’s what the coaches appear to be hoping too. I had always hoped Glover could be that guy since he’s built like a tank. He’s just never been able to move the pile or break a tackle.

UtesRule
        Participant

Short yardage success is FAR MORE about the push the O-Block gets than the runners strength or a built to move a pile.

ProudUte
      Participant

I find this interesting because we don’t seem to have a lot of depth at LB and we have a big RB room. I understand that our two starting linebackers are excellent, and Fotu and Reynolds show promise. Still, I would have thought we needed him more on defense.

It sounds like we need a guy that can get those tough yards in short-yardage situations. Mauybe Andrews is the guy.

RustyShackleford
        Participant

I think it’s a going all in on this year move. We needed a power back desperately and knock on wood barring injuries he probably wouldn’t have played at LB very much. There is the transfer portal and what not to address the LB room next season.

AZUTE
      Participant

Utah wasn’t able to get a power back in the portal after JJ left. Andrews is 225 right now and could easily get to 235 by next season while maintaining the speed. Utah was also in need of depth at the position since Glover has been out with a minor injury that has kept him out of practice.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.