Next:
Utah @  Oklahoma State
Fox

Any word on the injury?

Welcome Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Any word on the injury?

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      homer
      Participant

Looks like another one as I write this.

Larry B
      Participant

Neither of them look good. Vimahi and Johnson. Neither could put weight on the leg.

Rick Walker
      Participant

Johnson came back with crutches, didn’t see Mitchell leave but could have missed it. Vimahi also looked bad, this is very unfortunate ☹️

22Ute22
        Participant

Vimahi’s didn’t look that bad imo. He will definitely be back before October imo. If he needs to rest up to get back for Ok State and Arizona, then let him rest.

1 1
      2008 National Champ
      Participant

Just guessing:

Johnson is an ACL. Done for year, can get medical redshirt

Vimahi I think will be back next week

Mitchell won’t play again today but just precautionary.

homer
        Participant

Unacceptable attrition rate. Hopefully these guys can come back. Johnson looked bad from my seat. Mitchel more like an ankle glitch, but I didn’t watch closely

2008 National Champ
          Participant

I was thinking the same “high ankle sprain” for Mitchell that Jackson fought all last year. But I want to be clear that I’m just guessing and do not wish injury on anyone.

That’s the problem with these FCS games. Ethan Calvert’s career was ruined against Weber State. You buy a win but the injury risk is the same as any other game on the schedule.

Rick Walker
            Participant

Mitchell’s had some carries this half (including a TD) so he must be good. I’m hoping for vimahi and just gonna accept that Johnson is probably out all year or at the very least most of it.

beaslad
      Participant

Im guessing you’re not at home watching. Both seem season ending.

UtesRule
        Participant

Agree on Kenan Johnson, but not Mitchell or Vimahi.

chinngiskhaan
        Participant

Vimahi was clearly walking around after the injury. That doesn’t mean he isn’t out for the season, but it sure didn’t seem that serious. Certainly not as bad as Johnson’s injury. Mitchell walked off the field on his own.

What game are you watching?

1 1
        2008 National Champ
        Participant

not sure who you are responding to. I’m at home watching and Vimahi’s injury didn’t appear to be season ending. D Tackles don’t seem to be as susceptible to ACL’s as other positions so I’m going to hold out hope until I hear otherwise.

HeyyyUguyyys
      Participant

I was sad about the injuries. It was Cam lowering his shoulder up 28 against Southern Utah that made me just about throw my phone at my TV though.

UtesRule
        Participant

Mitchell definitely not a season ending injury. Just scored the first TD of the 3rd quarter.

RustyShackleford
      Participant

Cornerback is the one position we couldn’t afford to lose guys UGH

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.