Next:
TCU @  Utah
ESPN

Anybody else find it bizarre KWhitt, Scalley, and Ludwig look pedestrian…

Donate in the 2024 Fundraiser! Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Anybody else find it bizarre KWhitt, Scalley, and Ludwig look pedestrian…

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      5 5
      UTE98
      Participant

…when compared to what Sitake, ARod and Jay Hill are doing this year.

I think we’d all agree BYU’s coaching has been better than Utah’s this year. I spent the weekend in Utah for a family event. My out-law BYU relatives were all complaining about Retzlaff being a mediocre QB. I was in shock, they are playing very well in the BigXII and they wish their QB was better.

Tednab
      Participant

Frankly, It makes me sick with how bad this has so quickly fallen apart

RoboUte
        Participant

Was it quick? A lot of this has looked like an eventuality since spring 22

ORute
        Participant

Lets be honest, our D last year was elite, they won us 8 games. The talent and stats back that up–Ellis, Bishop, O’Tool, Reid, Battle. Chocked with NFL talent, elite. Now that our D has come back down to earth somewhat it shows how bad our offense really has been the last 2 years. Our D has been putting perfume on the rotting corpse that has been our O, its just now the perfume is slightly wearing off that we are seeing things for what they are.

Tony (admin)
      Keymaster

Sitake is way too much of a rah-rah guy for me. It’s over the top.

Utah#1
      Participant

I am hoping Wilson and the team ball out Saturday and get back to playing smashmouth Utah football this weekend against TCU and play their best game of the year against BYU Nov 9th making it a statement WIN, and reminding the Big12 who was and still is the favorite to win the conference, and make your in-laws eat crow and learn to appreciate their QB Retzlaff. Go UTES!

RedUte14
      Participant

Retzlaff is mediocre.

2008 National Champ
        Participant

May be mediocre but still 6-0. Hell, Trent Dilfer won a Super Bowl and Dan Marino didn’t.

CityCreekUte
      Participant

My current cope is that we’ve only lost to former Pac12 schools so far.

EagleMountainUte
      Participant

You need an exorcism to stop comparing this program to that s**tty one.

I was looking at Oregon winning with Ohio state running the ball with 2 seconds left then sliding and trying to take a time out. I am like envious of that kind of home win.

Rick Walker
      Participant

This year is BYU’s version of the 2015 Utah team. Good defense that plays hard, has a big win early in the season but frankly doesn’t have the offensive talent to do anything remarkable. The only big difference is they don’t have any blue blood teams on the schedule.

2008 National Champ
        Participant

2015 makes sense when you consider ARod was the OC (I liked his scheme better than Ludwig’s even if the QB wasn’t as good but that’s an argument for another day) and it was the first season Sitake wasn’t the DC. It was also the first year where Hill wasn’t running the special teams and marked the beginning of that decline even if Wishnowsky and Gay were able to cover it up for a couple of years.

Hill and Sitake may have been gone in 2015 but their fingerprints were still all over that team.

Rick
      Participant

BYU has been living off of turnovers. If that continues they may have a special season. I would not back on it.

UTE98
        Participant

We used to live off turnovers. How many seasons have we had a pick 6? Anybody really deep down believe that will continue this season? I’m a doubter right now.

jshame17
          Participant

I think it is 19 straight seasons with a pick 6….

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.