Utah @  Houston
ESPN+

AP Poll

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      7 1
      kmc165
      Participant

We dropped to #18. I think this is a generous ranking given our loss and injuries.

2 2
      Utesbyfive
      Participant

I expected others receiving votes.

2 1
      fosternano
      Participant

Considering Utah is 122nd in offense, being ranked at all is generous.

6 1
      Tony (admin)
      Keymaster

We are not a top 25 team at this point with the current offense we have.

2008 National Champ
        Participant

Can be with better execution and design. When things are going well, you work on your weaknesses. When they are going bad, emphasize your strengths.

We’ll see which direction Ludwig thinks is best after the break 9-3 or even 8-4 against this year’s schedule is still a top 20 team.

Tony (admin)
          Keymaster

I don’t disagree, but right now it is hard to see only 2-3 losses for the remainder of the season.

2008 National Champ
            Participant

I still think Utah can beat Cal, ASU, Arizona and Colorado with the team we’ve seen so far this season. Just that is 8-4.

Then they get SC the week after they go to Notre Dame, Oregon the week after they go to Washington, and Washington the week after they go to SC. Every team in the league has a flaw and being the 2nd of a tough 2 game stretch can help.

It just takes the staff coming up with a scheme that the team can run consistently enough to be considered an average offense and hope the D can keep playing well enough to pull off an upset or two. I don’t care if they have to put in 6 OL, 2 TE’s and a FB so they can play bully ball. It doesn’t have to look pretty, it just has to get one more point than the defense gives up.

UtMtBiker
      Participant

And our perfomance, Baylor is trash, and FL is a mystery.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.