Next:
Utah @  Oklahoma State
Fox

AP Poll

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      NorthernUte
      Participant

Please excuse me for the complaint I’m about to make, but I feel like I have to get this out of me because I’m extremely peeved. Please feel free to to validate or invalidate what I am about to say.

HOW THE HELL IS NOTRE DAME IN THE TOP 20. What will it take for these voters to stop bending over for these bigger schools?! In no world is Notre Dame a top 25, even if it is one single terrible week. They lost AT HOME to Northern Illinois, who I understand is now ranked, but I just cannot stand this. Instead of being completely knocked out of the competition to be in the College Football Playoff, like they should be, they get a favorable ranking. Even this week they were bumped up, albeit only one spot up, but that is not a top 25 team in America if they lose the game they lost, I don’t care how many other teams they blow out for the rest of the season, that kind of stuff doesn’t happen to great teams.

I will step down off of my soapbox now.

Hellhound152
      Participant

To hell with Notre Dame, what is concerning to me is that no Big12 teams are in the top ten and the voters seem to have placed a glass ceiling on the conference. Miami meanwhile has shot up the polls by firing another kill shot into the already dead Sunbelt Billy and beating a couple of high school teams. I swear, Utehub is the only place people seem to get what is going on. The hateful 8 fans are like Kevin Bacon shouting “all is well” while the town is being looted and all hell was breaking loose in Animal House. And the midmajor 4 are just happy to be here.

Dallas
        Participant

Was talking to a coworker (Mizzou guy) about our ranking, and I made the naive comment that we can only go up if we keep winning.

Hellhound152
          Participant

Yeah, what they did to K-State really bothered me particularly with Penn State sitting idle and their big non-conference win against a 1-2 team. Miami gets a 2 spot bump for beating Ball State and Florida was beat just as bad by aTm with a freshman QB as Miami beat them. K-State blows out a top 20 opponent and the struggle at Tulane looks very different after Tulane made OU look horrible for most of the game in Norman.

This league is going to be sucking hind tit because there is no juice on the roster.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.