Utah @  Oklahoma State
Fox

Arizona vs Kansas State

Welcome Cowboy Fans Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Arizona vs Kansas State

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      SalUteopia
      Participant

Both team offenses are moving pretty well. Fifita to McMillan connection is absolutely ridiculous.

SOWhat
      Participant

Is this a conference game?

UtesRule
        Participant

It’s a game between two conference opponents that does NOT count in the standings.

//r00t4Utes
        Participant

As much as Utah’s was against Baylor.

SalUteopia
        Participant

No, it will count as a non-conference game.

//r00t4Utes
      Participant

KSU made offensive mistakes (drops, missed throws, penalties, missed kicks, etc) and was able to overcome them. So the difference appears that it might be AZs defense, as in, it’s not very good.

//r00t4Utes
        Participant

Well, KSU is putting that overcoming mistakes to the test. With that end of half drive, poor clock management by the coach and QB resulted in not getting the FG attempt.

tanute3
      Participant

What outcome benefits Utah more?

UTE98
        Participant

Either as long as the winner makes it to the championship game with 1 loss or less. K State could be undefeated along with Utah. So a KState win by a slight margin if both go undefeated. However if Arizona’s only loss is to Utah it would be a wash.

Don’t mind me I’m rambling.😏

Miles E.
          Participant

Arizona will have two weeks to think about this loss before they play us. They’ll be ready. It may have been better had they won and then let us bring them back down to earth. But their defense had some huge holes that I’m sure we’ll take advantage of.

2008 National Champ
        Participant

I don’t think it matters. Can only play K-state in the CCG where Utah’s opponents record doesn’t really matter since it’s “win and you are in the CFP”. Either team losing doesn’t help since it’s a non-con game.

I guess if you think Utah will get a ratings bump by beating a 3-0 Arizona instead of 2-1 in two weeks.,,

Tony (admin)
      Keymaster

Crap I thought this game didn’t start until 8. Missed almost the whole first half.

2008 National Champ
      Participant

how many flags can Arizona get on one drive? 2 false starts, 2 holds and counting

SalUteopia
        Participant

1 & 30, and they still almost made it.

2008 National Champ
          Participant

it was reminding me of the SC game, i think 2019, where it seemed like Utah got a flag on every offensive play

Edit: 2019 @ the colisseum. Utah 16 penalties, SC 11 penalties and I have no idea how many were declined.

Hellhound152
            Participant

Or the Arizona game where Utah got 7 false starts on 1 drive. 2017 I think. Where Harding yelled back at Whitt to “Just fire me!” haha

SalUteopia
            Participant

Was this USC game the one where Fink would chuck it and pray for a catch?

2008 National Champ
              Participant

yep. Mychael Pittman catching every rainbow and the refs killing any promising Utah drive. Moss and Huntley both hurt in the game and still only lost by 7. That’s the game that made me think Utah could be really damned good that year if they could just stay healthy.

The Miami Ute
                Participant

Quick anecdote…if Utah would have won that USC game, they would have been undefeated going into the CCG that they lost to Oregon. That loss to Oregon, to me, is still the bitterest loss I’ve ever experienced as an Ute fan. And I had the misfortune to drag my 11 and 9 year old daughters to that game.

2008 National Champ
                  Participant

That CCG was a tough loss but I’ve got to go with 2010 TCU. I was absolutely convinced that 2010 team was going to make another BCS run. With a win over #4 TCU and then follow it up by winning @ Notre Dame the following week.,, maybe Utah gets Auburn instead of Oregon. Probably not since TCU ended up in the Rose Bowl against Wisconsin but I had hope.

That game was so bad it changed how I fan. Since then, I root the same but I’ll never assume an outcome before the game is played again. So for me, while losing that 2019 CCG was disappointing, it wasn’t a gut punch. I was happy about what the team accomplished instead of angry about what it didn’t.

Hellhound152
      Participant

San Jose St. got handed the keys to a Camaro and can’t handle the power. Arizona will be dangerous this season but won’t have the discipline or organization to contend. That offense is explosive but sustained drives have been hard to come by because they get in their own way. It’s weird.

Tony (admin)
      Keymaster

Man K State just ran the clock out while in field goal range at the end of the first half. DUMB!

The Miami Ute
      Participant

I can’t wait for this version of the Wildcats to show up at Rice-Eccles. We’re going to have a few surprises for them on defense.

GreatNorthernUte
      Participant

Arizona cant run the ball and Kansas State is just letting the pass rush rip. McMillan is a good player but he is the only thing Arizona has going.

I like our chances in a few weeks.

22Ute22
      Participant

We are going to smash Arizona… if Cam Rising is healthy.

UTEopia
      Participant

Is it a positive for Arizona to have a bye next week before playing the Utes? Yes. I hate that they have a bye.

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.