Utah @  Oklahoma State
Fox

Arod on ESPN 700

Welcome Cowboy Fans Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Arod on ESPN 700

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Utah
      Participant

There has been separation at the QB. He needs to talk to Whitt before they name the starter.

The WR’s have been “catching the heck out of the ball” this camp.

Repp looked really good.

Fulks will be a big part of the offense. Our fastest receiver. He is fun to watch, will be an electric player.

He wants to find out who they can trust. Kept the scrimmage simple so players could play fast.

Some other tidbits from Twitter:

Yogi Roth says Troy Williams is the best pure passer Utah has had in the PAC-12.

Play of the scrimmage was Williams completed a 4th and 20 pass. – ARod

Highlight was a 68 yard TD pass from Williams to Smith. Perfect placement. – Josh Furlong

Cody Barton has emerged as the starting LB next to Tauteoli. – Furlong

Moss is pushing McCormick for backup HB role – Furlong

In bad news, Fakailoatonga is out for the year with an ACL tear.

89ute
      Participant

thanks for the report, I gave you thumbs up for your work, I appreciate it. Not a thumbs up for Fakailoatonga for sure!

Anonymous
      Inactive

That really sucks for Fakailoatonga, Utah does have an abundance of talent at TE but he was the best Utah had I feel.

I am glad Williams is the starter and it sucks Cox isn’t going to get a shot.  I think he has always been a team player but I hope he realizes Utah needs him as a backup. Utah hasn’t had a healthy qb since 2008?

So I am assuming the drops by Fulks has been cleared up?  Abundance of talent at HB needs to be spread around Joe Williams isn’t a 30 carry back.

Utah
        Participant

I would think that Moss would be a better compliment to Williams than McCormick. McCormick and Williams seem to duplicate a lot of their abilities. Moss seems to be a more in-the-tackles-bruiser-get-you-three-yards-when-needed than Williams. Williams is more of a homerun guy. Moss/Williams seems like a really good pair to have.

Anonymous
          Inactive

I agree 100% as long as they mix it up. Obviously Joe is the guy but they can use McCormick as more of a pass attack I understand in the backfield.  Booker was nice because of his hands.

leftyjace
      Participant

Good news (if there is any) is Fakailoatonga has a red shirt year.

He’ll be back.

Puget Ute
      Participant

Good news (if there is any) is Fakailoatonga has a red shirt year.

He’ll be back.

I sure hope so. Unfortunately this is the same ACL here blew last year, so his days might be over.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.