Next:
TCU @  Utah
ESPN

As seen at the Utah Hockey Club game…

Donate in the 2024 Fundraiser! Forums Professional Sports NHL As seen at the Utah Hockey Club game…

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      PlainsUte
      Participant

NHL Commissioner getting into the Utah local vibe:
      NHL Commissioner at Utah NHL game

Tony (admin)
      Keymaster

The backward hat… makes me cringe.

Rick Walker
        Participant

It’s not the fact that it’s a backwards hat, it’s the fact that’s it’s a backwards flat bill🤮

4 3
        Ute Dub
        Participant

Meh. If you own two major sports teams then you ca wear the hat either way.

AZUTE
      Participant

Is it a middle aged Utah white guy thing? Bro behind has his hat on backwards as well. Is it an Utah culture thing?

TruckStopTerrors
        Participant

Idk. I’m sure he’s a really nice guy in real life regardless of his ties to TDS, but my brother and I always think when we see him that he looks like one of those complete douchebags you knew in high school. The party bro type. That’s just the vibe I get when I see his wardrobe selection. I mean, watch the commercial where he gets the call from the Commissioner about getting the hockey team. He’s sitting there just chewing gum annoyingly looking like a douchebag….

Again, he’s probably a great guy.

HATUman
          Participant

He looks like a summer sales guy.

beaslad
        Participant

Very much so. It is their way of trying to be “hip” and “urban” without actually living in a such an environment.

Stone
        Participant

Middle aged Utah white guy thing? Do you really think that only middle aged white guys in Utah wear their hats backward? Seriously? Have you ever looked around you when outside Utah? It is a common practice among people of all skin colors, of all ages, in all geographic areas. Does everyone do it? No. But it is hardly some cultural practice unique to light skinned, middle-aged, males living in Utah.

There is a perception among some to attribute trends they deem odd to be unique to Utah. Yes, there are certainly some cultural practices that are different in Utah, due to its history, but fashion trends in the U.S. are not all that different with the way media has shrunk the world.

Utegator
        Participant

Is that Whittingham?

Tony (admin)
      Keymaster

The only people I knew that wore their hats backward were catchers. 🙂

HATUman
        Participant

Well, my wife likes it when I wear my hat backwards. I don’t really care what you guys think about me, lol.

The Miami Ute
      Participant

It is an affectation. Sort of like a soul patch.

lgt4141
      Participant

He brought an NHL team to Utah. I could care less how he dresses. As a hockey fan if the Utah Hockey Club wins a Stanley Cup before the Jazz win an NBA championship he can wear his hat however he wants.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.