Next:
TCU @  Utah
ESPN

At This Point

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Utah5410
      Participant

I don’t expect CR to play again. Fool me once Shame on me. Fool me twice.

Initially it was reported that there was no fracture. X-rays were negative. WHO knows if that was true or not but I believe it was.

What was not reported was that other than a cut he dislocated two fingers.

Who all know that he is not able to grip the ball or throw it with “zip”. So, while he’s been cleared to play Whitt
      And Can don’t want him do. It’s on both of them.

Why would Cam play for a meaningless last year and whatever bowl. If he really can’t get right than there is no point.

Maybe he wants to play in the BYU game. But. At this point we might as well ride with Issac.

I believe wjth this we go best case 9-3 worse case 8-4.

ASU game is winnable with Issac. As long as we run the ball, stop the run, and limit TO

TCU same
      HOU Same

But. BYU, CU, ISU, UCF is looking like a 2-2 1-3 slot.

Look. This is the risk/reward with Cam. Kyle did address the backup QB spot after last year.
      Issac is a stud. Just young. And Huard maybe a stud once his learns the playbook.

BR has been here forever and can’t break the rotation and hasn’t transferred so whatever. There is no QB worth his salt who would come in here with CR as the starter despite his injury issues.

The mort important question is will O Toole and KR be back ?

If they are back. Especially Reid our D can be nasty again and maybe just maybe finish 10-2 even with Isaac. That I believe would still get us to the title game. I think that lost would be to CU. But we would control the other spot.

KR and O Toole at this point are far more important to me than CR.

I hope Wilson is getting all of the reps and Cam is helping him. I still have a little hope. But we need to just expect Issac going forward. Make peace with it.

Ute Dub
      Participant

Fool me, ya can’t get fooled again.

It’s an old saying in Tennessee, and Texas, I think it’s in Tennessee too.

UtesRule
      Participant

Cam Rising, when healthy, is our best chance to win football games!

HATUman
      Participant

I would have preferred a break over ligament damage. Bones heal pretty quickly because they are very vascular, ligaments don’t heal very quickly at all, and oftentimes require surgery to repair.

2008 National Champ
        Participant

The problem isn’t the type of injury since pretty much everything has a known standard range at this point. If he who shall not be named until he throws a pass in a game again was a pro, he’d have been immediately put on the injured list for 4-6 weeks to clear a roster spot.

Instead it’s all been subterfuge and half-truths so that the injury is no longer the problem, it’s the coverup. As well as the allocation of limited available reps.

And if you think there’s value in being able to surprise your opponent, which would have a greater impact: 1) playing boy who cried wolf week after week without any payoff, or 2) you tell everyone your All-conference starter is unavailable until such time as you can spring him on the other team at the last minute?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.