Utah @  Oklahoma State
Fox

Bad picks in 60 in 60 so far

Welcome Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Bad picks in 60 in 60 so far

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      ProudUte
      Participant

As of yesterday, they are at #17. I know that it means nothing, but it is interesting to see where the local media guys place players.

The biggest underrated player so far, IMO, is Tao Johnson at #40. I think he is going to be a great safety for the Utes. BYU has a couple of DBs ranked better than him, which makes no sense to me.

Singer got ranked #21 (which will be the best ranking for any Utah WR). BYU’s Lassiter is #17. Pittman and Parks have already been rated and I don’t think Alford was on the ballot since he was signed late.

I think O’Toole is under-ranked at #23, but I can understand this because he has not had a full, healthy season at Dend yet.

Key Utah players yet to be ranked include: Rising, Kuithe, Spencer Fano, Reid, Barton. Tafuna, Fillinger, Bernard. (I might be missing someone.)

ArcheryUte
      Participant

Tao Johnson could easily be in the top 10-15 when this is all said and done. 40 seems like a big miss.

dwainegf
      Participant

If you haven’t figured it out yet, TTDS will get over represented in this list. I’m not sure about motives, but the people who make the list know that TTDS has a large number of fans who are blinded by (loyalty, faith, idiocy…. fill in the blank). If TTDS is underrepresented, those making the list know that their audience will diminish and their revenue will be affected. Take it for what it is, a list to conger up interest and not a list that is necessarily honest.

Charlie
        Participant

I agree. The list has been around for several years. If you revisit this preseason list in November you will see that maybe a couple of Y players would pernitrate the Utah starters plus 8 or 10. But I also note that Hans and Scotty don’t ever try to do the list at the end of the season. Keeping the perception of parity up somewhat.

RustyShackleford
      Participant

Let’s be real, if they were being honest and not trying to appease multiple fan bases Utah would have like 40/50 players

Central Coast Ute
      Participant

If I’m not mistaken, it’s not just the media. They allow a fan vote which means a lot of Y fans from outside of Utah vote. As has already been stated, very few starters at the tds would start at the U. In no way should they have players rated as high as they are.

Utah
      Participant

Every year it’s the same. Who at BYU starts at Utah? 1-2 OL, maybe a WR (in year’s past, I’m not sure about this year) and maybe a LB (again, in years past. I don’t think a BYU LB starts at Utah this year). That’s it.

It’s no contest. Hell, I don’t think a BYU QB makes Utah’s roster this year.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.