Utah @  Arizona State
ESPN

Barnes in bad shape

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Barnes in bad shape

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      DataUte
      Participant

https://twitter.com/JoshReynolds24/status/1707963965740085454?s=20Whittingham said Bryson Barnes is in the hospital right now “and we’re really concerned about him.” His numbers pale in comparison to his health right now.

Tony (admin)
      Keymaster

Dang

DataUte
        Participant

It’s one thing to have usage injuries, twisted joints/ligament damage. But blunt foce trauma affecting organs, heads, … pads are smaller, players stronger, faster. Modern day gladiators but this will hurt the sport. I know lots of parents that will not let their kids play tackle football (my oldest girl is playing the 1st season of flag football, which is super fun)

Shilo Sanders is out today because he was p**sing blood. Hunter, Rose lacerated livers from hits, … all tells a bad story (but $ too good).

utefansince79
      Participant

A very nasty late hit and hope he can recover. Season ending if not career ending. Can’t bring myself to watch the replay. Get well Bryson.

EagleMountainUte
      Participant

Oregon state was doing all sorts of those type of things all night. On Glover and Yassmin they threw their body into knees.

It’s the stuff that will eventually lead to the end of Football. Rugby had a reality check back in early 2000’s. They knew they had to change things. If anyone has watched Rugby you know it is technique type tackling. Football with all of the pads is not tackle football anymore. It is hit football.

RoboUte
      Participant

The odd thing about this hit for me aside from the sheer idiocy of it was that we saw an almost identical hit by one of our own players last week.

2008 National Champ
        Participant

force = mass times a constant? Vimahi did the same thing but didn’t have a 10 yard run unabated to the QB. Both were illegal and we don’t know if Moore had any lasting effects since they are off this week.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.