Next:
Utah @  Oklahoma State
Fox

Barton

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      kmc165
      Participant

How do you guys think our LB group will do without Barton?

Tony (admin)
      Keymaster

Not as well. He’s damn good.

bopahull
        Participant

Not as well but still better than most.

Charlie
      Participant

Barton is very good but there are options to work with. Medlock and Fotu are the likely suspects along with Calvert to fill in.

The Miami Ute
        Participant

Calvert? Ethan Calvert? He transferred and is playing for Cal Poly-SLO this season.

Charlie
          Participant

Josh is Ethan’s older brother. I think he transferred in from Washington when Ethan committed to Utah. He has been on 2 deep rosters and I have seen him on special teams and one or twice at LBer. I think he has been bothered by injuries before this year. I would expect Medlock coming in first. There will be dropoff.

EagleMountainUte
      Participant

Season of attrition.

Utah’s defense is going to be expected to play every quarter of every game for the rest of the season.

2008 National Champ
      Participant

If he wasn’t doing the two-way thing, I would have expected Vaki to move into the Nephi Sewell hybrid role and switch Ritchie/Tao based on down and distance. It’s been a while since Utah has had linebackers in the backfield consistently and Vaki could excel at that.

J Rocksville
      Participant

Vaki seems to get a bunch of special teams snaps too. Might be worth taking him off that duty to give him a chance to rest.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.