Next:
Utah @  Arizona State
ESPN

Baseball Playoff Wild Card Thread! Discuss at your leisure

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Professional Sports MLB Baseball Playoff Wild Card Thread! Discuss at your leisure

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • Author
      3 1
      AlohaUte
      Participant

Been an awesome baseball season. So many compelling stories, fun teams, and competitive teams. I love that there are no 100 win teams and that there were so many teams competing for the playoffs. It’s amazing that an 89 win team (Diamondbacks) didn’t make the playoffs. The world series is really wide open.

My predictions:

NLCS: Padres vs Phillies
      ALCS: Yankees vs Guardians
      World Series: Padres vs Yankees
      Champion: San Diego Padres (that’s right, I’m making a homer pick!)

5 2
      GameForAnyFuss
      Participant

Upvote for anyone who says Padres win the Series.

UtesRule
      Participant

Braves aren’t going away quietly.

Good game1 win tonight by SD, but the Braves have Max Fried and Reynaldo Lopéz lined up to start the next two games.

Like Atlanta’s chances in both of those games.

AlohaUte
        Participant

Braves are a solid team, I’m definitely nervous, but I think the Padres are the more complete team and they’ve been the best team in baseball since the all-star break. Should be an excellent series.

UtesRule
          Participant

Not hard to argue that.

But Go Braves!

GameForAnyFuss
        Participant

Narrator: “But the Braves did go away quietly…” 😉

Kek U
      Participant

Dodgers vs Yankees

With WW3 starting, what better platform for mass propaganda than the circus with these 2 teams

D T
      Participant

Doubtful SD gets past LA, assuming they can defeat ATL.

Jim Vanderhoof
      Participant

Thanks alohaute for the baseball post. It’s nice to see some playoff talk. I haven’t watched hardly any baseball this year but I will follow the padres. I was a huge yankee fan growing up when baseball was king and Mickey Mantle was my idol.

CoyoteUte
      Participant

Hoping my indians/guardians don’t sh*t the bed come 2nd round… Post seasons don’t like Cleveland teams all that much.

AlohaUte
        Participant

That Tigers series is going to be fun. They are super hot right now, but the Guardians are no joke either.

BuckeyeUte
      Participant

Hoping for the Indians (Can’t use that stupid Guardian name) to the World Series.

BuckeyeUte
      Participant

Hoping for the Indians (Can’t use that stupid Guardian name) to the World Series.

UtesRule
      Participant

Looks like your Padres are moving on Aloha. Beat LA!!

PlainsUte
      Participant

True Blue Brew Crew!!

AlohaUte
        Participant

Great win tonight! Tomorrow is going to be epic.

Virginia Ute
      Participant

Let’s go Tigers!

TX_UTE
      Participant

Thanks for the post, Virginia Ute! We’d like a Padres-Tigers series, as my wife is from MI and the reason we support SD is bc she went to school (K-12) with their 2nd baseman’s dad!

AlohaUte
        Participant

Two of the hottest teams in baseball right now. Would be a great series.

AlohaUte
      Participant

Boy, baseball is the cruelest of sports. It’s not a game where you can ride the clock out, you have to get 27 outs. Brutal loss for the Brewers tonight.

utefansince79
      Participant

What a crazy ride it has been for the Mets. Monday against the Braves, needing a win to even make the playoffs, they had an 6 run 8th inning and 2 more in the 9th. Then last night a 3 run dinger in the 9th in the decisive games against Milwaukee.

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.