Next:
Utah @  Houston
ESPN+

Biggest defensive surprise?

Donate in the 2024 Fundraiser! Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Biggest defensive surprise?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Utah
      Participant

I think it is Luafatasaga or Ballard. Why? 

Our last two games, Luafatasaga had 22 tackles, 18 solo. It appears that his mind has caught up with his body in regards to upper echelon football. He will be a monster next year, especially with Anae, Mokofisi, Fotu, Lotulelei and Fitts in front of him. 

Then, why Ballard? Well, he ain’t no Marcus Williams…but, he is freaking really good. Defenses will gameplan around avoiding Hansen, which will create opportunities for Ballard…and he wants to shine. 

pedro
      Participant

You must have watch a different Utah team then I did last year.  Teams were NOT avoiding Hansen.  If fact they were picking him.  The last four opponents ate him up.  They sucked him in time and again on play action and burned him.  I love Chase and he’s getting better all the time, but even he stated at the end of the year that he was getting exposed.  

I think Ballard will be good, but mainly because, well, he is good.  That’s going to put all the heat on Chase.  I just hope he’s improve his read skills and will be ready.  

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.