Utah @  Arizona State
ESPN

Bizarro World

Beat Arizona Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Bizarro World

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Yergensen
      Participant

Our reality flipped over the weekend falling in the standings and rankings behind a certain eager overachiever in the B12 conference.

That fanbase will be or is already projecting based on 2 conference games as they are prone to do. We know not to do the same. We know from experience that this is a war of attrition and some battles are lost. We’ve endured a few of these, both successfully and unsuccessfully, in recent years. We know how to do this, we’ve been here before.

Given some key assumptions, I still like our chances. Eyes on the prize.

RedRocks
      Participant

“We know not to do the same.” – Do we though?

I like your optimism, but not your comparison.

It has become quite clear to me that there is a portion of our fanbase that has become just as bad (or worse) than the portion of the TDS fanbase that we like to ridicule.

All off-season people had to listen to the obnoxious portion of our fanbase gloat about superiority. Then we got to listen to another portion (the same group?) of our fanbase call for Rising to be benched for the season last week and Whittingham to be fired this week.

Based on what our insane fanbase has been doing, the fans down south have every right to be proud of their team’s performance so far.

That said, I hope I get to see a meltdown as the TDS starts losing games…

lgt4141
      Participant

Maybe there is more parity in the Big 12 than originally thought. It doesn’t like a conference anyone will go undefeated in at least this year.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.