Arizona @  Utah
ESPN

Blitzes vs UCLA

Beat Arizona Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Blitzes vs UCLA

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Wilson’s Mustache
      Participant

Utah blitzed way too much which I believe, coupled with Marcus Williams out & missed tackles, was the reason UCLA had so many big passing plays over the middle of the field. It seemed like Utah figured this out before the half & then UCLA started having issues moving the ball again. Then, for no reason, came out of halftime and started again with the constant blizting & UCLA once again torched us.

I would like to see more 4 man rushes against UCLA. Give the linebackers a chance to make a play out of a zone or otherwise Jake Browning will pick us apart over the middle again. If Marcus Williams was 100% we could just have Chase move down into a hybrid safety/LB role, but its not looking like he will even go Saturday.

Anonymous
      Inactive

I gotta say I have missed your posts lately. Good to see you back.

Fafaul made some great throws to and was getting it out quick. Dimick got held about six times too many to not be called.
      Utah should blitz sparingly a few third and long situations and such that’s about it.

RedLine
      Participant

Yes and No.  It was clear Bruins had given up on the run so bringing pressure was less of a gamble on the play call.  However, missing key secondary players left us vulnerable.  Winning games is calculating risk.  

Anonymous
      Inactive

IMO Utah had no choice. If you don’t pressure Fafaul, he picks apart a depleted secondary. If you do pressure Fafaul, you either sack, block passes, or force hasty passes that result in INTs. We saw the latter.

In fact, at halftime I turned to my brother and said “Fafaul is good for at least 2 more pics.”

89ute
      Participant

RedLine
        Participant

Really like these play breakdowns by Hans.

Larry B
      Participant

You’ve mentioned a couple times that Marcus won’t play. Is this a guess or do you know something we don’t?

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.