Utah @  Oklahoma State
Fox

Broken record

Welcome Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Broken record

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Jim Vanderhoof
      Participant

I know I sound like a broken record but let’s get to the stadium early and be in our seats for kickoff. The coaches and players have put in the time and effort. Now we need to follow.

National fox telecast let’s get the team fired up early. I know the Ute hub team always shows up and represents. Let’s spread the word to all Ute fans. Go Utes!!

RedUte14
      Participant

this drives me crazy too.
      i sit on the west side and the east side always seems half full. so im curious, does it look the same from east siders?

ArcheryUte
        Participant

Yes haha, I think this exact same thing but from the east side.

UteDuke
        Participant

I’m honestly surprised to hear that the east side looks lacking. Looking from the east side to the west, the west looks like it NEVER really fills up. At kickoff it usually looks around 40% full, but what really concerns me is that I often look across during the 2nd or 3rd quarters and there are still very obvious gaps. I don’t know that I’ve seen it look “full” for any game that isn’t a marquee match up like USC or BYU.

For the life of me I will never understand how people can pay for tickets, and have such a limited number of home games, and not make it a priority to be there!

Shout out to the north endzone though, you guys always represent! We are closer to that side, and I love the energy you all bring. I can’t imagine that any opponent likes to be driving that direction on a crucial drive, because they are going to get an earful!

RedUte14
          Participant

i’m closer to the north side too, and they always have high energy, and always seem full.

GameForAnyFuss
          Participant

The west side never really fills up because do you know how long it takes to get all those wheelchairs up the stairs?

AlohaUte
      Participant

It’s a shame the whole of the Utah fan base aren’t regular users of UteHub, because this is a message that needs to be spread far and wide.

Maybe get a few people to walk around the parking lots and tailgate with poster board signs asking people to be in their seats by kickoff?

Jim Vanderhoof
      Participant

My suggestion for the tailgaters is to fire off an air horn for the 45 minute warning. Start packing up. 30 minute horn to get the stadium. It’s interesting how the east side sees the west side. I sit on the west side and it looks pretty full but hard to tell. The east side from the west side view looks half full at kickoff. Spread the word.

Tony (admin)
        Keymaster

For a couple of years the fired the canon as a warning to pack up and head down. The canon is gone. 🙂

MDUte
          Participant

They need a new Red siren to go off obnoxiously…call it a “Code Red” or something. But the tailgaters should be the first ones in the stadium every game.

Gilly Boy 94
      Participant

I completely agree! I’ve been a season ticket holder for about 20 years now and I live in Hurricane. Yes we drive up for every single game, almost 300 miles each way. We never miss kick off and we never leave early, no matter the outcome of the game.

with all of this said, the university totally messed things up last week for fans who did arrive early, but had to stand in the street for 20 minutes trying to enter the stadium. this new security level is great, but was a total failure in terms of efficiency and planning. i don’t know what the other entrances were like, but the north-east entrance was a total joke. thousands and thousands of people were funneled into a tiny little check point with ONLY 4 metal detectors. this severely hampered the pace of entrance for many folks, myself included. we were in the concourse hustling to our seats when the flyover happened, but did get to our seats for kick-off. anybody else experience this? i guess we will arrive 30 minutes earlier than we normally do, as to avoid that again.

from where i sit in the north endzone, i can see both and west and east sides. the east side usually appears to have money more empty seats than does the west. just sayin.

RedUte14
        Participant

go west side!

Ultimate Ute
          Participant

Living out of state I haven’t been to a U football or basketball game in a couple years. I plan to reach a Rice-Eccles stadium entrance at least 30 minutes before kick off. Over the decades I too have never left a UU football or basketball game early.

Rick
        Participant

I’m not one to complain much to the athletic department about game issues but I sent them a note last weekend. I experienced the same thing on the west side. We arrived at the gate 25 minutes before kickoff and did not get to our seats until SUU’s third down of their first series. Someone made the call moments before kickoff to pull the security people away from the machines. What a mess. Arriving between 15 to 30 minutes early should mean getting to your seat on time. Inside of ten to 15 minutes, I get it.

Tony (admin)
        Keymaster

About 20 min before kick I went through security in the SEZ. No issues. Practically walked right through.

Jim Vanderhoof
          Participant

Yes south end zone was easy last game. If you don’t wait until 15 minutes before game time when all the tailgaters come at the same time. Then it can be 10-15 wait. Moral of the story get there early and beat the rush!! Grab a hot dog and eat in your seat before kickoff. Go utes

4 4
      loyter
      Participant

I’m in favor of people doing whatever they please. Did they buy a ticket? Do they want to be in their seat an hour early? Fine. Do they want to wander in during the second quarter? Also fine.

Enjoy the game however you please. Don’t let a buncha random message board weirdos tell you how to live your life.

4 1
        Jim Vanderhoof
        Participant

I agree loyter. Why go at all. Seems much easier to support your team from the couch. These damn message board guys should just find something better to do than root for their team. Who cares if the stadium is empty at kickoff.

I’m sure the players would much rather have the stadium empty so they don’t have to put up with all that noise.

CityCreekUte
      Participant

I mean… How many of the rest of us damn message board guys do you think have 1) have tickets 2) are in this bad group (which coincidentally seems to be a perfect venn diagram with the damn?! tailgaters) and 3) are going to change our behavior because of this stern admonition you give. I mean gd what does a brother have to do to get a message thru to the red white and…

Oh yeah I think most of us are in the part that comes after tell us what to do generation.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.