Next:
Utah @  Oklahoma State
Fox

Buffs

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      Sanders
      Participant

The wheels are gonna fall off Deon’s fake train if he loses to CO State on Saturday. Trying so hard to get his son to the pros at his team’s expense. Shedeur was sacked 6 times and their RB got 5 touches 😂

Tony (admin)
      Keymaster

His son is talented. No doubt. He’ll get drafted. But it seems Deion’s schtick doesn’t translate to high level college football.

Extra Medium
        Participant

Year long pro day for sanders and hunter. Both are really good but I think k there is a culture problem because they have dudes on the roster. Deions gone after this year. He’ll jump to the pros.

The Miami Ute
          Participant

What, as a coordinator? He hasn’t shown jack as a HC at a mediocre to bad football school. Who would hire him you think? The Raiders?

UtMtBiker
          Participant

Nobody is going to hire Dion in the pros. You have to actual know what you’re doing in the pros, not just hype up a bunch of kids to believe they can win.

TruckStopTerrors
      Participant

His son is very talented, but he still doesn’t know when to throw the ball away. He tries to make hero plays when the right play is to accept that there’s nothing there. I hope the dumpster fire continues with the Buffs, and Deion of course leaves after this season.

Kolya
      Participant

Colorado will be better when his son leaves. Playing favorites can’t be good for the team

PlainsUte
      Participant

Assembled a bunch of prima-donnas with NIL money but don’t want to exert effort on the field. Also forgot the importance of the OL and DL, so Shedeur has no protection.

Buffs admit they weren’t ready for moment after Huskers beat down

6 1
      Rick Walker
      Participant

Kudos to Nebraska for winning the Super Bowl 🙂

Utah
        Participant

If you think this is Nebraska peaking, you haven’t watched Matt Rhule.

Colorado sucks. Nebraska is a solid team and treated Colorado the way every solid team will treat Colorado.

I think Colorado doubles their conference win total from last year. But not because they have improved but because the Big 12 is a step down talent wise from the PAC-12.

2008 National Champ
          Participant

1 1
            Utah
            Participant

What the f**k was that? lol. Colorado’s Trump.

“I’m undefeated…in the SWAC!!! *smiles like that is a huge accomplishment* I know I have a moment…I want don’t want to look back and think I didn’t have a moment…So I’m going to take advantage of the moment…”

Jesus. What a s**t show.

2008 National Champ
              Participant

The video was exactly what @Rick Walker was referring to. I assumed you were unaware based on your response but perhaps you were being deliberately obtuse

MotherJabubu
      Participant

I fully expect a complete collapse mid season. Deion will probably start with scapegoating and firing Shurmur.

Tony (admin)
      Keymaster

Did anyone see the video of Shadeur (sp?) walking to the locker room with 2 minutes left? Was he hurt? Concussion? Or was he being a baby? There are theories on both sides.

TruckStopTerrors
        Participant

Not only that. He threw his entire offensive line under the bus when talking to the media. I get it, his offensive line is terrible, but good QBs take the blame in the post-game press conferences for their teammates. The teammates see that, and they reapect it while going above and beyond to protect that QB in the future. I definitely see some of that O-Line taking plays off in the future to humble this kid. I think this kid is really talented, but unfortunately, I also think he is not a good leader, and whatever NFL team drafts him better hope he matures substantially.

SteelUte
      Participant

If I were a betting man, I would bet money on this being his last season in Boulder. They’ve got 75 total rushing yards in two games. He nearly lost week 1 because he wouldn’t run the ball to kill the game. It seems he wants to pass the ball to boost his sons stats and top player (Hunter). When your playing to pad stats and not to win games, your not there for the right reasons. Boosters and donors will quickly jump ship if this continues.

Jim Vanderhoof
      Participant

Colorado is proof you can’t win with portal players.New players every year don’t know the offense and defense. Recruit and develop is still the focus of top teams (Utah). The portal can provide depth and fill a weakness.

Utah
        Participant

I think Huard put it best:

You need high school recruits, you need to build within. BUT, not every kid pans out and you need to use “free agency” (transfers) to plug in holes you have at certain positions.

That is so true. You can’t ignore the transfer portal. But without those kids that have been there for 2-3 years, who know the system…you really make it hard for yourself.

Tony (admin)
        Keymaster

Or are they proof that you can’t win with self centered coaches and players?

Jim Vanderhoof
          Participant

Building the right culture takes time and extra effort. The older players teach work ethic to the younger guys. Transfers leave because of playing time or to be part of a better culture. That has become our best recruiting sales pitch.

NarfUte
      Participant

Apparently Neon Deion has asked the Colorado Band to not play the CU fight song after Shedeur scores and instead play Shedeurs rap song over the stadium speakers… that’s fostering the right college culture, for sure.

SteelUte
        Participant

IS that for real? You serious Clark?

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.