Next:
Utah @  Oklahoma State
Fox

But why did Trevor Reilly resign? Money from the Saudis to Colorado?

Welcome Forums Utah Utes Sports Football But why did Trevor Reilly resign? Money from the Saudis to Colorado?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Ute Dub
      Participant
      Central Coast Ute
      Participant

I didn’t even know Trevor Reilly was there. But yes, good question. Why did he resign? The timing is odd.

//r00t4Utes
      Participant

It was even posted on here last season when Coach Prime first got the job at Colorado that Trevor Reilly was part of the staff coming from JacksonSt. But it is easy to forget since he was not really visible on the sideline.

But I didn’t hear that he was let go. Wonder where or what he’s going to do now.

The NIL part seems like pretty big news, though trying to think of why it hasn’t hit the national media cycle.?.?

Anfernee
        Participant

It’s hit national media. Ross Dellenger had a big write up today. A copy of what Reilly says was in his resignation letter to CU athletic director Rick George and Sanders was reviewed by Sports Illustrated.

“The arrangement was that, because I did all the NIL work at Jackson and got us through, you guys would pay me a modest salary and make me the Special Teams Coordinator, which should have freed up time for me to handle NIL activities,” Reilly wrote.

“You paid me $90,000 a year and let me handle special teams. I did all this work in your name and was told to pursue it. I burned through all my contacts in my Mormon community, which is worth about $3 trillion. Now, I can’t get these people to answer my calls because I just found out today that none of my endeavors will happen.

“I even went to Saudi Arabia and got a meeting with the Saudis, who were interested in pursuing business. I have email receipts to prove it, and you guys let it fall flat on its face.”

PlainsUte
          Participant

Trevor should of gone to Nigeria and gotten some NIL $$ for CU from one of those Nigerian princes.
          Everyone thought it odd that he resigned as fall camp was just starting, but if his primary job was arranging NIL stuff, his job was done for the season at that point.

Central Coast Ute
        Participant

It probably was posted here last year. I don’t remember what I ate for breakfast, let alone what Trevor Reilly does for a living.

SteelUte
      Participant

Dude is intense- really interesting interview. Sure he has some interesting ideas, but is probably a few years ahead of time. Some school will sign its soul over to Saudi interests, but sounds like Colorado doesn’t want to be that school just yet.

EagleMountainUte
        Participant

China is already heavily invested in many other aspects of American Universities.
        Saudia Arabia is kind of a meh for me.

UTE98
      Participant

Listening to his interview with Checketts, linked in another string. It sounded like the current NIL coordinator for CU Bleu Score (?) maybe Blue Sky was fired by our Utes, and is just trying to bleed dry the 1% of CU boosters. Sounded like Reilly thought they were just working 9-5 and not really hustling.

Reilly spoke highly of the Sanders, CU Football and the University. But he had an axe to grind with the consortium doing their NIL collective.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.