Next:
Utah @  Oklahoma State
Fox

Caleb’s reaction to the word Utah 😂

Welcome Cowboy Fans Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Caleb’s reaction to the word Utah 😂

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      Tony (admin)
      Keymaster

ProudUte
      Participant

Funny.

The Miami Ute
      Participant

It must really suck to know that you’ll be forever winless against a team. For when the One Great Scorer comes to mark against Williams’ name, He’ll write—not how he played the Game-but that he’s 0-3 versus Utah.

EagleMountainUte
      Participant

His reaction was hilarious. The person asking the question forgets Utah beat CW in Vegas and the Coliseum. It has nothing to do with darkness or crowd or smoke.
      I like that CW at least acknowledged how silly that was. CW first eye roll mentioning Utah makes that scar sting though. You can see his pain.

Central Coast Ute
      Participant

Funny clip. At least he was complimentary of the crowd and stadium.

Red Rhino
      Participant

That’s got to be why we lost to Oregon last year. It was daytime when we played them. 🤣🤣🤣Schedule all games at night from now on.

CityCreekUte
      Participant

Gonna need some analytics on this asap.

voxnihili
      Participant

Some quick numbers based on the past six seasons. I picked 5:00 pm kickoff as the line since the game referred to in the video kicked off at that time.

Utah record at home, kickoff 5:00pm or later: 18-2 (90%)
      Utah record at home, kickoff before 5:00pm: 14-1 (93%)

Seems to me that the Utes are pretty good at home, regardless of kickoff time. Based on winning percentage, they are technically better before the sun goes down (at least the past six years).

For those interested, the pre-5:00 loss was Oregon (as mentioned above). The two later losses were USC (covid year) and Washington in 2018.

Yergensen
        Participant

Not much difference from a W-L perspective. I wonder if point differential day vs. night shows anything.

One thing I’d be willing to bet, night decibel level > day decibel level. Our inner demons seem to come out after dark.

voxnihili
          Participant

Using the same six-year period:

Average Home Margin of victory, 5:00 or later kickoff: 20.46

Average Home Margin of victory, kickoff before 5:00: 19.84

These numbers can be analyzed further (most games in 2019 were blowouts, how often the FCS kickoff is early vs. late, etc.) but I should probably get back to work 😉

Utah
        Participant

It boils down to what I’ve been seeing all summer long…

If you are more talented than Utah, you can beat Utah. If you have the same talent as Utah or less, you will lose.

Tyler Henry
        Participant

The one in-person Utah game I went to was against ASU IN 2017, which was a daytime game. Utah got blown out and lost their big home winning streak, and Marquise Blair got his third out of five eventual targeting ejections that year!

Tony (admin)
          Keymaster

I suggest not going to any games in-person.

Mr.BozaksBigToe
      Participant

Love it.. Ha ha

AlohaUte
      Participant

I know it’s fun to hate on Caleb, but when he lost to Utah both times last season he was emotional about. You could see much he wanted to win and beat Utah. It meant something to him and I respect that.

Central Coast Ute
        Participant

I can respect that. But I can’t respect not shaking hands with the other team because you lost and are too emotional to be a good loser.

EagleMountainUte
          Participant

Yeah it is main character energy.

Team ain’t about you. That is kind of lost in America.

Mr.BozaksBigToe
      Participant

Not to mention what he painted on his fingernails.. Loved seeing the look on his face when he lost again….and again.

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.