Next:
TCU @  Utah
ESPN

Cam is NOT eligible for an eighth season.

Donate in the 2024 Fundraiser! Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Cam is NOT eligible for an eighth season.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Larry B
      Participant

This is according to Michelle Bodkin of KSL sports. She talks about it in this video at the 11:47 mark. So unless she’s wrong, we should probably just put the idea to bed and move on with Wilson

Utesbyfive
      Participant

If true, I’m honestly glad. He needs to part ways with the Utah program. Maybe he could come back as an assistant if he wants to get into coaching. I don’t necessarily see it happening. He’s older than a fair number of NFL quarterbacks. Go and live your life and don’t take any more football poundings man, and thanks for the memories.

Xanthis
      Participant

I’m not sure this is being looked at correctly and I could be completely wrong. 2020 was a free year that didn’t count towards eligibility, but he was also injured and might have had a medical redshirt for that year. The talk was he was eligible for an 8th year before this season even started.

D T
        Participant

It was my understanding that he was eligible for an 8th season to make up for having to sit in 2019.

2008 National Champ
          Participant

2024 was the makeup year for not being allowed to play in 2019 based on the new rule. The medical redshirt would be for the 2023 season and need to go through the NCAA for approval.

Once you wipe 2019 and 2020 off the table as free years, you still have 5 years to play 4.

2018 – redshirt
          2021 – redshirt freshman
          2022 – redshirt sophomore
          2023 – redshirt junior
          2024 – redshirt senior

It was always known that 2025 was available if Rising wanted to apply for it. The video is wrong.

EagleMountainUte
      Participant

“Three season ending injuries” should be nuff said but not with Utah fans.

DataUte
      Participant

This was the argument IF he played a normal season this year. But he is now eligible for another medical redshirt, so he would get another year based on that (not this other legal stuff which was mostly a maybe). He’d be like the Miami player that is in his 8th year (due to 3 season ending injuries while not playing enough for the year to be ‘booked’).

The Miami Ute
      Participant

Yeah, she’s wrong. I mentioned the case in another earliest post of Cam McCormick, a TE at the U, who’s a ninth-year senior as we speak. In addition to a normal redshirt, he missed three seasons due to injury.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.