Next:
Utah @  Utah State
CBS Sports Network

Cam Rising getting under BYU fans’ skin.

Welcome Big12 Fans and Foes Forums They So Poo Poo Cam Rising getting under BYU fans’ skin.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      ProudUte
      Participant

CB Link

Whitt probably didn’t like that Cam said this. Oh well.

ukiyoronin
      Participant

I wonder if there is any better info on that other than some tweet.

Still crazy to think cam has never played in that game. So glad he gets to experience it as the starter. You know he’s gonna love it.

Dallas
      Participant

It’s always funny to me to hear players express sentiments like this especially since the rivalry has been coasting for the last decade without much fuel on the field. Do the players really care about the heated rivalry between fans?
      I’m genuinely curious because I’ve heard that the players are somewhat friends/friendly.
      Is Cam just playing the part with comments like this? I mean, he’s never played byu-p.

PhiladelphiaUte
        Participant

Rising never played ybu, but then again, neither had you. Rising was on the sidelines back in 2021, so if sitting in the stands qualifies you to want Utah to whoop somebody’s ass, then I’d guess someone who’d suited up on the sidelines in the actual game has bit more claim to it.

Dallas
          Participant

Haha sitting in the stands isn’t what animates a rivalry IMO. It’s about the history and the fan interactions (usually outside of the game) which aren’t things an out of state player has much experience with.
          I was really hoping someone with some insider info could explain the rivalry from the POV of out of state players who haven’t dealt with byu but for maybe one game of their careers and if and why it animates them.
          Hoping for a thoughtful response.

BD
      Participant

Whatever bulletin board motivation Cam’s comments might be to BYU players, I am sure is a tiny fraction of the motivation that the Ute players and coaches will have.

Utah lost the last rivalry game. That motivation is 1000x more than any comment by Cam.

And, it is a conference game. This time it counts. BYU fans have truly underestimated this point.

If Kyle doesn’t RUTS on them it will be because of his respect for Sitake. Or to prevent injuries.

But I kinda have a feeling the bar for pulling back in the game might just be higher. Especially if Whitt is thinking of retiring after this season.

Can’t wait to crush them.

MDUte
        Participant

We’ve got way bigger fish to fry this year than beating one of the bottom dwellers of the league at home. But when that game comes around I’m sure the coaches/players will give it their undivided attention, like they do for all games with their preparation. And I expect us to win that game soundly, in all 3 phases.

But as long as it’s a W, that’s all that really matters in terms of keeping our sights on the prize this year…making the CFP. That said, Utah will take care of business against TDS and win by multiple scores.

Utesbyfive
          Participant

There’s nothing more important than winning any and all conference games. This matters just as much as Okie State.

HATUman
        Participant

My guess is that Cam really wants to beat them because he had to sit on the sidelines and watch them beat us with Charlie Brewer at the helm. Had he been in the game I honestly think that game would have gone differently, but we’ll never know. Hopefully Cam “whoops their asses” this year!

Dallas
          Participant

I feel that way too, but there’s no excuse for the way we were dominated at the line of scrimmage.

D T
            Participant

It was clear they had an enormous advantage of having played/practiced a full season the year before, while we had a truncated slate of just 5 games, particularly early during 2021 when we faced them.

By the end of ‘21, we had made up the difference & clearly passed them by.

Central Coast Ute
            Participant

The O line magically improved the next week during the SDSU game. In fact, it happened in the game. The second Rising took the field. QB play has a lot to do with it.

Utecity
      Participant

Replies to tweets about this have TSPP fans all kinds of riled up. Many of them predicting (wishing?) that he’ll be injured before the BYU game even happens. Love to see their true colors

Utah
      Participant

Anyone associated with Utah could go to a BYU fan and say “my favorite BYU uniform was *insert shade of blue*. Those were clean.”

And BYU fan would take offense. They are the softest group of people I’ve ever seen.

MDUte
        Participant

Saw this clip of Cam with the TDS guys:

Jim Vanderhoof
          Participant

Nice post MD. That interview told it all. He is highly motivated for that game. They caught us off guard and just goes to show how much leadership (alpha dog in Whitts term) comes in to play. The team will rally around Cam and the bulletin board material in the BYU locker room will become a side note.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.