Next:
Utah @  Utah State
CBS Sports Network

Cam Rising is legit

Welcome Big12 Fans and Foes Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Cam Rising is legit

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      perceptionate
      Participant

Truly awesome quarterback play at the end there.  We have reason to be optimistic for the rest of the season. If Rising had been the QB for the full game (and for the game against BYU), we’d be undefeated.  

And, regardless of results, he’s just fun to watch.

At some level, I wonder what amount of blame we should place on the coaching staff for not realizing that Rising was the better player/fit for our team… Gameplay is different than practice, and there’s a lot you cannot reasonably predict, but at the end of the day, this is what the coaches get paid to do… As a fan, I cannot help but notice that a lot of the problems Brewer has had so far this season are similar to his final years at Baylor (most importantly: his inability to handle the pressure). 

2 7
      chinngiskhaan
      Participant

Calm down bro… we played sdsu not bama. If rising was great he would have beaten out brewer. He was recruited by our coaching staff, he transferred here… odds are he’s an average pac12 qb at best.

he’s better than brewerently that’s all we know atm.

6 2
      perceptionate
      Participant

Your hostility is irritating. I’m just trying to point out a silver lining after a bad loss. (And btw your reasoning is circular: my discussion point was that Rising may have, in fact, beaten out Brewer in the off-season but the coaching staff missed it.)

2 2
        chinngiskhaan
        Participant

Wait… so my logic is circular because I don’t directly address your point? You don’t know what circular logic is.

Utah5410
      Participant

At this point Ill take blunt honesty. No More Koolaid. Rising is going to have to prove it on the field. He looked fine against SDSU in the second half after they had backed off a bit. Can he back that up with a complete game against WSU ? If he can, then maybe we have a chance against SC with 2 weeks to prepare. We will see what this team is really made of this week.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.