Utah @  Oklahoma State
Fox

Cam Rising’s glove

Welcome Cowboy Fans Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Cam Rising’s glove

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Dallas
      Participant

Cam was wearing a glove in his throwing hand during warmups. My guess, they didn’t want anyone trying to get too close a look at his fingers to predict his availability.

Assuming he’s fully able to play against OSU, Im sure we won’t know that until the game starts. My guess is if he’s warming up with the glove, he won’t be playing.

belli1976
      Participant

On tv there was a clip where you saw his hand. He had a small gauze taped near the bottom of his middle finger. Or maybe ring finger. It must be a deep cut, because I thought it seemed minor given the size of the bandage.

I wonder if he dislocated it and still getting strength back.

Hellhound152
      Participant

The glove was protecting the stitches. Based on the location of the cut, the stitches should come out any day now. I was not at the stadium for warm ups, but if Cam was really throwing in warm ups like it appeared, that is a very good sign that it was just the stiches being in and not something more involved.

Virginia Ute
      Participant

I’ll bet you’re right and that the glove was just to cover the stitches and keep it from being looked at.

I’m betting he’ll be 100% ready to go by Ok State. I’m guessing he had a deep laceration, and while he could have easily thrown a ball yesterday and had no problem, the longer you rest it, the less likely it with dehisce or get infected. Yesterday was just a precaution to prevent any rare complication that could actually derail the season.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.