Utah @  Oklahoma State
Fox

CB fan hoping Cam gets hurt

Welcome Forums They So Poo Poo CB fan hoping Cam gets hurt

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Central Coast Ute
      Participant

But to be fair, most of them are calling this DB out. I guess I don’t have to wonder why Cam hates them.
      link

Tony (admin)
      Keymaster

Has anyone on this board ever said anything like that? I don’t think so.

ProudUte
        Participant

Tony, I do not remember any post on UteHub hoping a player would get injured, even our rival. If they would have, I would have denounced it. There is NO call for that kind of behavior.

1 2
        EagleMountainUte
        Participant

I can recall some nasty things being said about Caleb Williams injury.

Tony (admin)
          Keymaster

I only remember poking fun about his reaction to losing, each time. LOL

Central Coast Ute
          Participant

I don’t remember anyone saying they’re glad it happened. I do remember people questioning whether or not it happened.

ProudUte
      Participant

Unfortunatley, this is not the first time. CB’s obsession with everything Cam Rising is beyond any kind of normal behavior. There have been a number of posters that have posted that they want Cam injured. One guy went as far as posting that he hopes it happens when the Utes play BYU, and a couple of their players smash him and take him out of the game. (They hate Cam Rising.)

They make fun of Cam Rising’s age, even though Bohanon is the same age. They make fun of his looks, especially his hair. They make fun of the way he speaks, and on and on. Oh, and there are so many posts about how bad of player he is. (Others on the CB disagree with that.)

Many Ute fans have posted on X many positive things about Rising over the last three years. Cougar fans are sick of hearing about it. So, they do what the CB does and tear down the guy they don’t like by saying bad things about that person.

As I have posted before, the CB posters are a different breed who hide behind anonymity to post outrageous things about teams and people they don’t like. (It’s not just Utah.) I know a lot of BYU fans, and not one of them act like these guys. In fact, when I talk about it to them, they denounce their behavior.

Central Coast Ute
        Participant

We all know football is a dangerous sport and that injuries will happen. But I have never wished for an injury on anyone.
        I remember seeing a tspp fan tweeting to Cole Fotheringhams father that he hoped his boy got hurt. His dad was just talking about how the rivalry can be fun, but we should keep hate out of it.

Jim Vanderhoof
        Participant

Consider the source proud Ute. I read CB also for entertainment purposes only. A few good posters that have good information. They want to fire their coaches and blame losing on them. They don’t like playing second fiddle to us period. I can’t wait to stick it to them come November. In all my years of playing competitive sports the best way to shut someone up is scoreboard.

Tony (admin)
          Keymaster

But but but…. scoreboard doesn’t shut them up. They never get beaten. They beat themselves. Oh my.

AlohaUte
      Participant

I think most are more expecting it than hoping for it.

ProudUte
        Participant

True, but there have been plenty of posts hoping that Cam does not finish the season. The most interesting thing is how much they post about Cam Rising. They post more about Cam than they do about their own QBs.

AlohaUte
          Participant

It’s amazing how obsessed they are with Utah.

stubbornute
      Participant

Frankly, with the timpview and provo high school incident. I’m not surprised. Something down there makes them lose their mind with sports. In the end it’s a game. We can be passionate fans, but wishing injuries and worse is pathetic. Shows lake of maturity and sportsmanship. This is why I am very careful with those fanatics.

Jim Vanderhoof
        Participant

Sports is the only thing they don’t have control over. I’m sure it frustrates them to lose. We have tons of LDS fans and I’m happy they are such great fans and people. I love the diversity we have. Let’s support our team eliminate the religious bigotry that exists on both sides.

BD
      Participant

“They don’t like playing second fiddle to us period.”

They are out of their minds obsessed with being second fiddle to us. At times it’s comical. Mostly it’s absolutely pathetic.

I know a lot of BYU fans that are NOT like this fortunately, but once in awhile I encounter one who is. A guy that I had to work with a few years ago was a BYU fan that was “snarky” to me knowing I was a Ute fan. But other BYU fans on the work team were good to work with. One day, I found that guy who was “snarky” to me posting on CB, then it hit me why he was like that.

Utah passing them in football has had a serious psychological effect on many on CB. I am dead serious when I think some of them need therapy to help with their obsession with it.

Jim McMahon
      Participant

Yeah, he’s an idiot and he rightly got called out. Show me the other threads on CB where CB fans are hoping for Rising to get injured. Lots of speculation that he will get injured based on how he plays, but I haven’t seen outright posts (besides this one) where they are hoping he gets injured. And if there are others, I’m sure they got called out and downvoted like this moron.

Look, CB has a TON of traffic, and therefore, inevitably has a ton of morons on there. It’s kind of like how I have seen you guys post about UteFans.net and how toxic that place can be.

So sadly, we do get our fair share of idiots on CB. And yes, CB has been infatuated with Utah for years. Mostly because Utah has owned us, even though most on CB won’t admit it.

Good luck to you guys this season. I fear you’re going to win the conference while we win about five games. Was cool to see Lohner catch a TD. I hope he has a great season.

DrJazzy
        Participant

Thanks for visiting/posting.

Utah fans absolutely have their fair share of toxic/embarrassing fans (see Ute twitter, Utah FB). So no worries.

CB has fantastic traffic and BYU fans are really passionate supporters of their teams.

Good luck to your season – awesome that we are in conference rivals again.

Go Sitake.

GOOOOOOO UTES!!!!!!!!!!

Jim McMahon
          Participant

Thanks, Dr. Jazzy. Good luck on the season!

I know Wilson didn’t look great in his first action, but he’s going to be a gamer. So sad we couldn’t get him.

BD
        Participant

We are aware that we have some toxic fans.

I just think that many BYU fans (mainly CB fans) think that they DON’T have toxic fans. When pointed out to them the dozens (hundreds) of toxic posts on CB, there’s usually a response like, “well that is only a few people, while most (all) Utes are that way”.

But, I appreciate you stopping by. I actually enjoy decent Ute/Cougar discussions.

Jim McMahon
          Participant

Yep, we have our fair share of idiots like every fanbase. Sadly, message boards / reddit / social media has ruined civil dialogue in most of society. It’s a shame too, because virtually all my interactions with Utah fans have always been great.

Anyway, good luck on the season…except for when we play of course. So glad the rivalry game is back! Even though I know we will probably lose by 25. I think this might be Whit’s last game and even though he loves and respects Kalani, I think he wants to send the rivalry out on a particularly high note for Utah fans, especially after losing last time. I fear a major beatdown without the dogs being called off.

Jim Vanderhoof
            Participant

Thanks for posting. Social media has created a generation of insensitive thoughtless remarks that offend others with no recourse.

I welcome McMahon and any other BYU USU WSU fans that want to talk college football give their thoughtful opinions and observations. We all want to win and sit at the top of the standings but in the end we are all fellow Utahans being loyal to their team or school.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.