Next:
Utah @  Oklahoma State
Fox

CFP projection: Why Kansas State is in, Utah out after training camp

Welcome Cowboy Fans Forums Utah Utes Sports Football CFP projection: Why Kansas State is in, Utah out after training camp

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      The Miami Ute
      Participant

Bruce Feldman from The Athletic picks KSU to be the Big XII rep at the next CFP. Story is here: Bruce Feldman’s Playoff Projection.

He doesn’t specifically say why he dropped Utah out of the playoff picture, but he details all the weapons that KSU has at its disposal.

tanute3
      Participant

From the Big 12 conference’s perspective, the best scenario is Utah and Kansas State having good seasons (both beating OSU in the process) and meeting in the title game with a possibility of both teams making it into the CFP, as Utah and KSU don’t play each other in the regular season.

The Miami Ute
        Participant

I agree. I guess the problem is that a second Big XII entrant into the CFP would cut into the B1G’s allocation. The article talks about that issue and I personally find it hard to believe that the Big XII and the B1G would have the same number of entrants into the CFP.

AlohaUte
          Participant

The B1G will have 3 teams in. The 12 will have 2 at most

Utesbyfive
          Participant

The second XII entrant would be predicated on Notre Dame’s eligibility.

ProudUte
        Participant

Yeah, in my perfect world – Utah and Kstate go undefeated and play each other in the CC game. I don’t see it happening, but it would be fun.

That seems fair. I am happy to move some pressure and hype to K-State for a bit. I hope we get to test out their sophomore quarterback in the championship game.

Dallas
        Participant

Does K state have as easy a schedule as we do?

The Miami Ute
          Participant

Evidently, they do. Of the toughest tests on their schedule — Oklahoma State, Kansas and Iowa State — only the game against the Cyclones is on the road.

//r00t4Utes
            Participant

Well, they do play AZ, but it’s like the Utes with Baylor, a home non conference game.

So the conference schedule is similar, maybe even easier since the Utes play at OKst, but AZ is tougher than Baylor.

Central Coast Ute
          Participant

I saw someone do some rankings of the B12 schedule. Utah’s was the 4th easiest. KSU and Kansas both had easier schedules. I don’t remember who the third was, but it was either OSU or AZ. It seems the B12 is setting up their contenders for success.

Jim Vanderhoof
        Participant

I agree thirty four. I’d rather be under the radar but that isn’t the case. The big 12 will be out to prove us wrong. We have the pieces and depth to prove it.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.