Changing perspective to 2023 being a rebuild season

Viewing 2 reply threads
      3 3

SalUteopia
      Ute Fan
      @saluteopia

Obviously I want us to 3peat / make the playoffs, but given the QB ambiguity and overall injury situation, this is practically turning into a rebuild season. So I feel the chances of going 4-4 in the remaining games are higher than 6-2, but given the circumstances, an 8-4 record would still be a great achievement (whether this could’ve been avoided were the QB situation handled differently is a different debate).
      This is where I choose to stand currently, more as a coping mechanism I suppose. But I reserve the right to change my perspective if we win tomorrow LOL.

2 2

W16Ute
      Ute Fan
      @w16ute

I’ve had the same thoughts. Wish I had more faith but I’m a known pessimist when it comes to the Utes… coping mechanism tomorrow.

I certainly think we could have a really solid finish to this season but we could also very easily go 4-4 to finish it out… which really isn’t that bad if this is a “rebuilding” year.

Utesbyfive
      Ute Fan
      @utesbyfive

The Utes are young. You play to win. If it’s a rebuilding season you will only know it in hindsight.

SalUteopia
        Ute Fan
        @saluteopia

Of course we’ll try to win every game, but I’m hoping to adjust my expectations to cope better.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Changing perspective to 2023 being a rebuild season