Arizona @  Utah
ESPN

Coach Whitt’s camp priorities

Beat Arizona Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Coach Whitt’s camp priorities

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      ProudUte
      Participant

After practice yesterday, Coach Whitt said his top priorities in camp are quarterback, then quarterback, and finally quarterback. This certainly implies that he is concerned about Cam’s ability to go on August 31. The good news is that he said that Cam is doing some practicing, but is kept out of drills that could hurt his knee.
      I think there is a bright side to all of this and that is we will be developing a solid backup QB. I hope they make the decision as to who that will be – sooner than later. I just hope the backup is not Barnes. Why? Because I think we have seen his ceiling and he is not our future. I am fine with Rose or Johnson.
      Whitt also mentioned that our defense is in a very good place.
      Go Utes!!!

HoosierUte
      Participant

Really crossing my fingers for Cam to be back in action. I am a little concerned because Whit likes to play the keep the opponent (and by extension the rest of us) in the dark game. We also don’t have the best track record of picking the right qb out of camp. 

ProudUte
        Participant

Yeah, I think the coaches will know by mid-month who will be the likely starter for the Florida game.  However, we fans will probably not know until our first offensive possession.  Whitt will do everything he can to have any advantage he can get.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.