Next:
Utah @  Oklahoma State
Fox

Colorado – Impressed but not sold

Welcome Cowboy Fans Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Colorado – Impressed but not sold

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      belli1976
      Participant

TCUs D was soft. But Colorado’s was softer. TCU’s offensive production was similar but more balanced than Colorado’s and did it in almost 10 less minutes.

Nebraska’s D should test their offensive. But they truly won’t be tested til week 4 against Oregon.

I will say that Colorado doesn’t seem like a cupcake like the last couple of years.

J Rocksville
      Participant

There’s tape on them now so better, deeper programs won’t be taken by surprise. They are definitely way better than before, but do they have enough depth to grind out enough wins to get to a bowl? I still don’t see it. But 5-7 is still a huge improvement.

The Miami Ute
      Participant

If Colorado is 3-0 entering the conference schedule, I can easily see a pathway for them to get 6 or 7 wins. They’ve most definitely improved their talent level and, on offense, can match up with just about every team in the PAC. My biggest question is their depth. It’s a long season and injuries are inevitable. If they start losing key frontline guys, things could go south quickly.

RedUte14
      Participant

they seem like a poor man’s USC

Utah
      Participant

Colorado was so smart. They just took what TCU’s defense gave them and didn’t try to do too much. Sanders at QB threw an almost perfect game.

That’s the difference for Colorado now. They won’t beat themselves.

But they also played an incredibly simple defense. TCU showed their hand on every play. TCU went heavy to the right, Colorado went left. TCU brought LB’s in, Colorado threw outside. TCU spread LB’s out, Colorado ran it up the middle.

Colorado was well disciplined and kept it simple. Deion did a good job.

But TCU ain’t us. And their defense ain’t ours. Let’s see how Colorado does when we can get home with 4 DL and disguised coverage.

Tacoma Ute
      Participant

My hunch is they fold and lose by about 20 next week.

They were the best story in college football this week and I was impressed. I think the honeymoon ends though.

3 2
        The Miami Ute
        Participant

Lose by 20 to Nebraska at Folsom Field? I think it’s more likely that they beat Nebraska by 20 at home…Folsom Field is at an even higher altitude than Rice-Eccles and Nebraska didn’t look great versus Minnesota on Thursday.

D T
          Participant

Tough betting against Matt Rhule in Game 2…..That game will be tight.

2008 National Champ
            Participant

Matt Rhule first year (2013) at Temple: 2-10 (2012 they were 4-7)
            Matt Rhule first year (2017) at Baylor: 1-11 (2016 they were 7-6)

He ended up being great at both places but his history says he underperforms the previous coach in his first year before getting everyone on his page.

The Miami Ute
              Participant

They call that “touche” where I come from. The Buffs might come out so fired up that they’ll blow out Nebraska. The question is, if that happens, do you think the hype train is such that the Buffs get ranked?

2008 National Champ
                Participant

Probably depends on whether they are in the “others receiving votes” category in the next rankings. Nebraska would be 0-2 and has struggled for years so there really isn’t any cache in beating them. TCU plays an FCS next week so no one will have any more idea if they are down or that game was a fluke.

Now if they have a multi-score win against Nebraska and blow out Colorado State, that might be too much to resist for the urinalists. They’d love to have Colorado ranked against Oregon week 4 to write about.

D T
              Participant

You’re unequivocally brilliant, as always….I can always count on you.

Don’t bother playing the game, Matt Rhule can’t beat CU…..Thanks.

CityCreekUte
      Participant

I hope they keep winning. More eyeballs on the final season.

Central Coast Ute
      Participant

TCU should have kept running the ball while in scoring position. Twice they threw interceptions at the goal line when they were destroying them with the run game. CU is much improved no doubt, but we’ll see how they turn out.

The Miami Ute
        Participant

You’re absolutely right…TCU rushed for 262 yards on 37 attempts for a gaudy 7.1 yard average. Unless Colorado vastly improves on that front, Utah will have a field day running on them on a cold late November Saturday night.

Rick
      Participant

TCU’s tackling was just horrible. I think the shortened amount of snaps this year may give TCU several losses this season that they were able to scrap last season. I do not think TCU is a quality team overall and their flaws exposed in the championship game are even greater now.

The Miami Ute
        Participant

To be honest, TCU was extremely fortunate to make the CFP. I’m still trying to figure out how they were able to pull out the game versus Baylor.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.