Concourse crowding

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Concourse crowding

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      bopahull
      Participant
      MG_Ute
      Participant

Thx for sharing this. I give a lot of kudos to whomever is doing this. It’s gotta be crazy difficult to work through these problems week to week. Above and beyond physically reconstructing the stadium concourses, I appreciate the fact that they’re at least consistently trying to make improvements to the fan experience.

Tony (admin)
      Keymaster

You’d think with an engineering department someone might come up with some cool ideas. Bueller? It boggles the mind how they put vendors on each side of the concourse so it pinches the crowd flow down like an hourglass. Do they not think at all when they’re trying these dumb things? I appreciate that they’re changing the drink line thing, but the new lines also pinch into the concourse. Let’s see what they do there. At least they’re trying.

utefansince79
      Participant

May not be quite so bad this week since we are fortunate to have a late start (on what will be a very warm day) and it will be pleasant to sit in the stand at halftime enjoying the Homecoming show and seeing the band write out the script Utah instead of seeking shelter from the elements.

But at some point need some major construction of some kind. Could use a second concourse high up on the east side which would be a huge project.

kazute
      Participant

I am a bit of a contrarian in this. I would appreciate some improvement for convenience sake, but I don’t really mind the stuffed concourses. For me it adds a bit to the gameday experience and the vibe that it is a packed house and the place to be.

I grew up in the days when as a kid I would hitch a ride with my parents or a friend or whomever and buy a GA ticket at the gate. Then I would “somehow” make my way into the reserved seating and sit with my parents or my friend’s parents, with plenty of room. Or the days after the Rice remodel when you could easily cruise the underground concourses below field level. They felt like you had a sideline pass. But less of that “vibe.”

So yes, I don’t mind so much given my “back in my day” experiences. Good problems to have.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.