Next:
Arizona @  Utah
ESPN

Couple of “Welcome to Utah Football” quotes from Gundy’s post game interview

Beat Arizona Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Couple of “Welcome to Utah Football” quotes from Gundy’s post game interview

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Tony (admin)
      Keymaster

Class organization

They play better than you think they should

AlohaUte
      Participant

I really dig Gundy.

TruckStopTerrors
      Participant

It’s a nice sentiment, I don’t agree that they “gave” the game away like he’s kind of saying. If anything, with our turnovers, a dumb penalty, prevent defense, and of course some special teams issues, we nearly gave the game away.

NorthernUte
        Participant

We left a minimum of 17 points on the board… I agree with what you’re saying, didn’t love him saying they gave the game to us. That was a man-handling with some terrible timed turnovers and a s**tty prevent defense.

chinngiskhaan
          Participant

Yes, that game could have easily been a 30 point victory for us. It wasn’t as close as it looked. The only reason his QB looked better in the 4th is because we went to a prevent defense.

But really, what is he supposed to say? He knows the truth, but it is more productive for him to focus on what they could have done better.

Dallas
        Participant

I took his “gave the game away” comment to mean their QB and RB played bad, which they did. But that’s not a shock based on history. Incorrect to phrase it like that, but Whitt’s sentiment was the same regarding their 16 points.

Red Rhino
      Participant

That was annoying to listen to! That seemed like a TDS speech after they lose to us. A lot of excuses, we beat ourselves nonsense. He got majorly out coached and he can’t eat the humble pie. They were totally outmatched and deflated. We left a lot of points on the field. Obviously, the prevent defense was a bad idea. It never seems to prevent anything. It only seems to allow big chunk plays.

123punt
        Participant

Yeah, the overall tone sounds like they didn’t really anticipate this being a difficult game and can only blame their miscues for the loss.

It’s annoying how many scoring opportunities we didn’t convert and the prevent d allowing 2 tds. The ending made it appear a lot closer than it was. Wonder if his tone would have been the same if we won by 3-4 touchdowns.

RoboUte
      Participant

The more I hear from people on OSU’s side the more I’m utterly convinced that not a single one of them thought Utah winning was even technically a possibility. Like damn, guys. We aren’t THAT bad

TruckStopTerrors
        Participant

A lot of these B12 fans still are under the impression that the PAC was mediocre, weak, or even overrated. They didn’t believe the USC’s, Oregon’s, Stanford’s(when they had good physical teams) saying complimentary things regarding Utah’s physicality on the field. I hate to say it, but the B12 and what they’re used to facing is Charmin Ultra Soft Defenses. Respect to OKS, but they got to experience it for themselves today just as Baylor has the last 2 years. If we made half the mistakes we did, and didn’t play prevent defense, this would’ve been a complete ass whooping.

The Miami Ute
      Participant

I’ve never liked Gundy. He’s a guy that sometimes gets over his skis with his comments. I have a feeling that we’re going to develop a heated rivalry with the Cowboys as long as we’re in the same conference.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.