Darius Afalava 3* OL (in-state) committed to Oklahoma

Viewing 3 reply threads

MDUte
      Ute Fan
      @mdute

Just watched his hat ceremony on IG. Bummer.

AZUTE
      Ute Fan
      @azute

With the transfer portal HS recruiting is getting less and less important.

ukiyoronin
      Ute Fan
      @ukiyoronin

I believe he really wanted to leave the state for school. From what I’ve read, he said Utah made it really hard to leave and stick to that.

Want to leave his home state.

Central Coast Ute
        Ute Fan
        @flip2848

I can’t blame a kid for wanting to spread his wings. Some like to stay home, and others want to leave home. If it were me, I’d probably be the latter, too.

HATUman
        Ute Fan
        @hatuman

Not sure kids understand what they are getting themselves into when they commit to places like Oklahoma. I lived in the Tulsa area for a few years, which is markedly better than OKC and Norman, but to leave Utah for that… The money must be good.

PlainsUte
          Ute Fan
          @plainsute

SEC vs Big-12?
          As a 3-star will he break onto the roster at Oklahoma with their in-state and Texas recruits?
          Might seem him again in the portal.

MDUte
            Ute Fan
            @mdute

One thing to keep in mind is a lot of these high 3* kids Utah has been after, as well as getting commitments from, still have their Sr year of High School to play and will likely see a ratings bump up to 4* status.

Your point still stands that even as a low 4* (or high 3* if he doesn’t get a ratings bump to 4*) Afalava might still find himself behind a number of players at a blueblood school like Oklahoma. And so there’s still that realistic possibility he ends up in the portal in a year. But just pointing out that a lot of these kids won’t end up rated where they’re currently at but will see a nice ratings bump.

krindor
      Ute Fan
      @krindor

This one hurts. Really wanted him. Not a lot you can do when a kid wants to go out of state, but still hurts

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Darius Afalava 3* OL (in-state) committed to Oklahoma