Next:
Utah @  Utah State
CBS Sports Network

DB JaTravis McCloud Commits

Welcome Big12 Fans and Foes Forums Utah Utes Sports Football DB JaTravis McCloud Commits

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      RiseasUtes
      Participant

https://247sports.com/college/utah/Article/BREAKING-Utah-adds-dynamic-defensive-back-JaTravis-McCloud-Commitment-Recruiting-Utah-Utes-Football-Pac-12-128082908/Amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Offers from Oregon and Texas Tech. Kid ran a 10.9 100 as a sophomore so we add some more speed. I believe we have 4-5 spots still available.

UteFanatic
      Participant

This is big.  He picked up the Oregon offer shortly after Utah offered.  Glad we were able to land him.

Tony (admin)
      Keymaster

I think he’s going to need to put on some weight though. 170 is a little light. 

gUrthBrooks
      Participant

So is he a corner, nickel, or safety?

4 2
      ironman1315
      Participant

Not a 6* doesn’t move the needle. Pace Mamyung…probably.

RiseasUtes
      Participant

Also Langi has shut down his recruitment and a lot of people lately are guessing he is going to Boise.  He will announce on Feb 6th and it will most likely come down to Utah or Boise.

1 1
        Utah
        Participant

He’s not coming to Utah. Utah has moved on.

RiseasUtes
          Participant

That’s dumb of Utah then.  If he moved on I understand, but you don’t give up ok talented local kids until you know they aren’t coming.  Kid is going to be a good player.

Utah
            Participant

Yeah, you do when you bend over backwards for him and he doesn’t seem interested, even though you are clearly the best option he has. 

Nothing against Langi, he clearly wants to be somewhere else. So Utah moved on. I hope the kid destroys it at Boise St. 

pedro
            Participant

you need to understand that the Langi’s bleed blue.  The fact that we landed Harvey was amazing.  The fact he left and none of his brothers are coming to the U, pretty expected.

RiseasUtes
              Participant

I get it, but doesn’t mean I still don’t hold out hope he comes.  I had seen that Harvey was trying to convince him that Utah was a better option than the y.  Maybe Boise is a compromise.

PlainsUte
      Participant

How did he evade the radar of Mike Gundy (Ok State) and Lincoln Riley (Oklahoma)?  Tulsa Union is a very high profile semi-pro football school in Oklahoma.  The 170 scared them away?   What does Covey weigh?

2 2
      RiseasUtes
      Participant

Oh, so we should be like byu and make the kids recruit us?  You realize every kid from in state or out of state usually has to be sold on Utah through recruiting, visits etc.  We wouldn’t be getting too many kids if we were only taking “Utah” ready kids.

Tuttle is a terrible example, btw. He was committed for 1.5 years and didn’t even go on any other OVs because of his commitment to Utah.

Tony (admin)
      Keymaster

Which Batman was he? He must have been between George Clooney and Christian Bale. I kind of lost interest at that point. 

Puget Ute
      Participant

“These kids should recruit US!” is the byu-P philosophy at everything.  “Everybody wants to be us”, “It is a privelege to come to Provo”, “They should be honored that we are even considering them”, “They probably weren’t worthy anyhow…”

THAT is how they lost Ken Niumatalolo during his interview process.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.