MauchDawgUte
      Participant

Didn’t see that one coming.

Utesbyfive
      Participant

They have the best bag men.

Ute Dub
      Participant

In summary, the starting QB at Wazzu with a 6-3 PAC 12 record, transfers to a conference foe with a 1-8 conference record, while this same 1-11 total record conference foe brings in a top 25 recruiting class. 

Sheesh. Either the girls down there are banging hot or theme boys are getting paid! 

FtheY
        Participant

It’s unreal how a 1-11 team can get more 4* guys than we can when we won the pac-12.

I get it, we are more nuanced in our approach. And I don’t want to be bitter and say they are paying players. But man, I can’t help but wonder how they did it. Promises of instant playing time as someone else mentioned the other day? Or maybe more NIL opportunity? In the all American game the announcers said they had never seen anything like it. Maybe Fisch is a better recruiter than Saban?

FtheY
          Participant

Kudos to them. Maybe we have something to learn?

Rick
        Participant

Seems mighty fischy to me!

UrbanLiar
      Participant

And Cammon Cooper transfers from WSU to Hawaii.

UteFanatic
      Participant

Something Fischy going on at Arizona. How do they pull in a top 25 class, with quality transfers, after coming off a 1-11 season?

I’m sorry but that doesn’t add up.

3 3
        Utesbyfive
        Participant

They’re obviously being guaranteed NIL money. CFB is well ad truly f**ked. We don’t have a big ass donor willing throw Promotional opportunities at these kids. If the Utes lose this window of opportunity to win big, I doubt we’ll ever see another. If there’s a reason coach retires soon, it will be this.

Let’s be honest, it’s pay-for-play, it’s basically above board, and we can’t compete.

Ute Dub
          Participant

I feel like this year and maybe next may be the last hurrah as we know it for the way College Football used to be. If it becomse the NFL, it might leave me the way the NBA has left me, the way the NFL has mostly left me.

Dallas
            Participant

I’ve always assumed college football is doomed to die. I thought it would take another 15-20 years and be attributed to safety issues. Im now feeling that NIL money will morph it into something unrecognizable within 5 years.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.