Next:
Utah @  Oklahoma State
Fox

Depth Chart 👀: Gilman @ SS, Van & Logan co-starters, Dallen Bentley TE

Welcome Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Depth Chart 👀: Gilman @ SS, Van & Logan co-starters, Dallen Bentley TE

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Ute Dub
      Participant

Randle at CB because Hunter Andrews balled out in his reps on the offensive side.

Hall at LB because he’s too good to keep off the field but we have so much talent at DB

UtahMan17
        Participant

6’3, 222lbs RB? Jesus. I cannot wait to get that kid some carries. He has to be pretty dang good for this staff to keep him on offense.

22Ute22
      Participant

I wouldn’t say Gilman and Bentley starting are surprising at all. I’m assuming Bentley and Ryan are gonna be in together in quite a few 2 or 3 TE sets, and that they will rotate often. Gilman was an all conference honorable mention at safety if I recall correctly. The surprising thing is no Blocker, CB depth is thin, WR depth seems a bit thin with no McClain, and John Randle JR at CORNERBACK.

Ute Dub
        Participant

I think it’s surprising that he’s starting this soon. I would suppose it would take a few games before he secured the spot.

1 1
      Distantute
      Participant

Cj blocker must be a 4 star bust. Havent had too many of those.

ProudUte
        Participant

Yeah, this surprises me. If they moved Randle over to CB and Blocker is not mentioned anywhere, you would have to assume that he is a bust. I suppose he could be injured, but I have not heard anything. I hope he has a minor injury and that we still see him this season.

Obviously, Bentley is doing very well to be listed as a starter is a deep tight-end room. Good for him.

Onlyu
        Participant

Slow down…Blocker is just a RS Freshman. He’s fine and is getting better every day. Waaaaay too early to call him a bust (which he won’t be).

Ute Dub
          Participant

Pfft. These guys, amirite? They’re two deep all or nothing whores.

3 1
      Distantute
      Participant

Really need that cc 5 star wr. WR super thin next year.

Anfernee
        Participant

And the domino effect of getting JM in recruiting would be immense. Also, there’s a lot of young guys I’m still excited for next season. Zacharyus Williams. Taeshaun Lyons. David Washington.

Charlie
      Participant

A couple of positions have extra starters. With Richie, Johnson and Gilman hopefully one can play both safety positions so the rotation can approach even. Same with DE with Fano Fillinger and O’Toole. When Damuni comes back, lots of LBers for the base defense. Rotations that benefit the end of the year need to start early. Maybe the defense stays fresh much better this year.

Anfernee
        Participant

Maybe this has been answered already so apologies in advance but I thought Damuni effed up his Achilles and is done for season?

Charlie
          Participant

Some time ago it was reported that Damuni was expected back in the second part of the season. I have seen nothing to update that initial prognosis. I am going to guess that due to the experience last year with Rising and Keithe, injury return expectations will not really be communicated much and won’t be on the the hopeful side at all. I think if he returns we will just hear about it after it happens. If or when he returns I think he will be a very helpful fresh body that will make a difference for the defense.

bopahull
      Participant
      Uteanooga
      Participant

Randle seemed destined to move to another position- 6′ 180 does not scream running back.

He has a lot of speed and quickness so I assume secondary or WR would be more natural positions for him. Obviously the coaches have a tremendous record moving players to positions where they can succeed.

Only do you see him sticking at corner?

Charlie
      Participant

Something interesting to watch. Rayshwan Glover is a new guy I didn’t see come in on the recruiting or transfer lists but is listed as the punt returner. It could be considered a good surprise. Seems to be Covey’s size, awesome he is from Texas. Myself, I like return guys that are not starters on offense or defense. They really focus on giving it all on their return, are fresh, and not looking ahead to other assignments. I am hoping he makes punt return something to anticipate like Covey did.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.