Next:
Utah @  Oklahoma State
Fox

Devontae Booker Tribute Thread

Welcome Cowboy Fans Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Devontae Booker Tribute Thread

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      SackLakeCity
      Participant

I think with the announcement today of Bookers injury it puts an end the career of what I would call the greatest Ute running back of all time. Lately I have been really paying attention to the way Booker plays and I would say he is a running back that has done more with less than any other running back I have seen. The way he can turn a 1 yard gain into a 3-4 yard gain, yards after contact, and breakaway speed is truly amazing to watch. Not to mention, his pass catching out of the backfield, blocking, and durability.

He was the reason Utah won 9 games last year and 8 so far this season, without him I’m not sure if Utah has winning seasons and who knows what would have happened with Whitt. Utah Football has ridden on his back and he brought it to respectability in the PAC 12. I could go on and on, but simply end this by saying Utah Football is on a whole new level because of him and it will be rare to see some of his talents in future Ute running backs.

here’s to you Devontae

rbmw263
      Participant

Damn…..I wasnt done watching Booker run for us. He is so much fun to watch. Runs so hard. Fights for every freaking inch.

Tony (admin)
      Keymaster

Booker = football.

Anonymous
      Inactive

As my dad (God Bless, RIP Dad) used to say, FOOTball is all about bruising running game. End of story. Booker was FOOTball. The man runs angry. Feed the Beast!

Jumpmasterute
      Participant

the man

• This reply was modified 8 years, 10 months ago by Jumpmasterute.
        Tony (admin)
        Keymaster

What a great photo ^^.  I remember that moment.

oc_ute
      Participant

DB, thanks for all you have given us. do what’s best for your health. don’t “rush” it. i think you’re going to be great at the next level. you have a great combo of being able to be a bruising runner and catching the pumpkin. i will add one area for improvement that you must work on. you need to be able to carry the ball with your right hand when running to the right. WORK ON THIS PLEASE

Anonymous
      Inactive

Feed the Beast! It was a pleasure watching him play. The ferocity with which he ran will always be memorable. Here’s to a long and fruitful career in the NFL. And remember, once a Ute, always a Ute!

FormerUteSax
      Participant

Looking forward to Bookmode in the NFL

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.