Utah @  Oklahoma State
Fox

Didn’t see that coming

Welcome Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Didn’t see that coming

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      BleedsRedUte
      Participant

I have a question while we are all anxiously waiting for THE game to start.

Who do you think may have an outstanding game/season, making all of us think, “Didn’t see that coming?”.

I’m thinking guys like Vaki suddenly being put in on the offensive side of the ball and proceeding to make huge plays for the Utes.

Rising is another one. For one reason or another he had a lot of things prevent him from showing what he had, even being beat out for starting QB by Brewer. When he replaced Brewer he completely outplayed him, and Brewer transferred shortly after. I always wonder what coaches saw in Brewer that made them decide to put Brewer at NO. 1.

Tavion Thomas had trouble with fumbling, and I may have posted that he should never carry the ball again. But Whittingham, who values possession of the ball greatly, kept with him and he some how got over the fumbling problem and started to make great plays.

I think Money Parks has shown solid receiving capabilities, but this year will step it up to a breakout season, and being talked about as an NFL prospect.

Who is your guess? Go Utes!!

ArcheryUte
      Participant

I would love to see Money have that type of year! The dude has stayed true to the U and deserves to get noticed by the league.

I know we hear a lot about the electric speed of Stanley, but I’m thinking we are still undersold and could see some incredible play making.

Utesbyfive
        Participant

So far, Dijon Stanley is the answer.

AlohaUte
      Participant

I’m gonna go with Mike Mitchell. I think he takes control of the run game. (Certainly Bernard will always be a factor back there due to his pass catching, though).

BD
        Participant

If Mitchell can hold on to the ball and not fumble and be good in pass protection, he just might be “the guy”.

pedro
      Participant

All good ones. On Rising, after that first qtr in the COVID year, I though he looked horrible and was not excited for him to come back. Glad I was wrong.

My additions to yours….

Paul Kruger. Played QB in HS, was stabbed, then proceeded to be one of the best DE’s in school history and played a lot of years in the NFL.

Steve Smith. While we all could see what he could do on returns, I questioned with his height what he could do on the field. Then Mac gave him a shot and wow!

Finally, Bernard in the RB. NO, not his defense as I think we all saw that coming (sadly). But that TD catch!! Wow!

Rick
      Participant

On offense – Dallin Bentley. On defense – Tao Johnson. There’s been a lot of talk about Johnson but it’s his first season as a free safety. I think it will be a good to great one. It may take a few games, but I believe the talk that he’s the next great safety at the U.

ProudUte
        Participant

All good choices. I think it would be fun to see Lohner be an unexpected surprise. But, in the end I don’t care who the playmakers are, I just want playmakers on both sides who make a difference.

Jim Vanderhoof
      Participant

Bentley and Mitchell on offense
      Snowden and Gilman on defense.

Utehomer42
      Participant

It feels weird that Money Parks is a senior? Am I the only one? It feels weird this is the start of the 4th football season post-covid

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.