Next:
Utah @  Arizona State
ESPN

Disturbing Trend for The ’26 Recruiting Class

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Disturbing Trend for The ’26 Recruiting Class

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Tyler Henry
      Participant

Assuming Helaman commits to Texas A&M (essentially a done deal at this point,) Utah would have missed out on four of the ten best players in the state of Utah. Normally Utah missing out on in-state talent would not bother me, but the ’26 in-state class is LOADED! I cannot recall the state of Utah having this much high school talent in one class.

I am aware of the current state of college football, but I do not and will not entertain the opinion that high school recruiting does not matter anymore. If Utah really wants to secure their future, they need to swing for the fence and recruit the local kids. I will attach the 247-player rankings below, if anyone is interested.

*247 has not updated all player developments yet, the Pula twins for example committed to UCLA yesterday.*

https://247sports.com/season/2026-football/RecruitRankings/?InstitutionGroup=HighSchool&State=UT

Ute Dub
      Participant

How many times do we need to say this: most states lose half or more of their top 10 kids to out of state schools. The end.

Tyler Henry
        Participant

For the states with larger pools of talent, for sure. However, Utah needs to land on a higher percentage of them to stay successful. Does that mean landing a five-star? Of course not, but repeatedly missing out on near or current in-state four-stars cannot happen for our Utes.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.