Next:
TCU @  Utah
ESPN

Don’t mean to be such a pessimist, but….

Donate in the 2024 Fundraiser! Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Don’t mean to be such a pessimist, but….

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Tony (admin)
      Keymaster

People seem to be assuming that if Cam plays the Utes are instantly world beaters. While I hope all of the above is the case, it’s not a guarantee. Either way, GO UTES and RUN LIKE HELL!

lgt4141
      Participant

I agree. He hasn’t played a full game in almost two years. They are better with him but he still might have some rust. If he plays and stays healthy the last few weeks of him not playing could pay dividends later in the season. Go UTES!

Onlyu
        Participant

He’s “looked good” in practice all week. ASU’s MLB and top DE are out the first half due to targeting. We’re still a bit banged up on D too so will be interesting to see who is able to go.

Jim Vanderhoof
          Participant

Game speed is always a little different. It will be interesting to see if ASU blitzes and puts pressure on him or drop back and make him throw the ball. I expect more TE and RB throws. Should be a nice test to see where he’s at.

Whitty
          Participant

Shoot, I read that as Reid and O’Toole still out…

Rick
            Participant

I think Reid will play. O’Toole may be a game time decision but I think he’s ready to go as well. Probably safe to say both are still a little banged up but I think they are ready.

Rick Walker
              Participant

If this is true this gives me the most hope

quagmire
              Participant

Game time decision means out for a few weeks. Only when it’s announced that they are playing will they actually play.

SalUteopia
          Participant

Good sir @Onlyu, always appreciate your insights. Are you able to comment on Reid and O’Toole’s status?

Onlyu
            Participant

Not officially no but if I had to guess I’d lean no…maybe I’m just gun-shy from the Cam stuff. A couple other game time decisions as well.

crash11
              Participant

Oof….were this injuries before or during bye week/this week practices? How down is the D going to be? Get Cam back but have multiple starters out on D now. Frustrating

SalUteopia
              Participant

Thank you 🙏

4 1
      UteThunder
      Participant

Yep. Running game did not look good against Arizona, defense wasn’t great, and I have serious concerns about Rising’s timing with receivers. I’m also worried Cam is caving to outside pressure and rushing back before he will be able to be fully effective as a passer.

UtMtBiker
        Participant

Only thing bad about the run game was that we didn’t run it enough. 5.7/rush is pretty good. Take the FGs, run the ball 10-15 more times and I think we win that game. One or 2 of those extra runs in the second half would have popped with their line gassing and likely one less freshman INT. Puts us right there at home, I think we pull it out.

UteThunder
          Participant

Couldn’t get anywhere on the 4th down rushing attempts.

DallasUte78
      Participant

Love to hear Onlyu’s insight even if it doesn’t necessarily work out all the time. It just shows me how tight lipped Whit is with injury info and it kind of makes smile watching everyone lose their minds over will Cam start or Not.

Dexter36
      Participant

Not sure if its ok to ask on here or where to put this, but can someone send a good link to watch the game? The one I used for a long time doesn’t work anymore:(

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.