Next:
Utah @  Oklahoma State
Fox

Dorian Singer is a Ludwig WR..

Welcome Cowboy Fans Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Dorian Singer is a Ludwig WR..

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      NarfUte
      Participant

I mean that in the best way. He needs to get more touches (and that will happen) but he blocked downfield like an animal vs. Baylor. I cant remember a Utah WR that was more dominant in downfield blocking than Singer was this game. IMO, that means he’s bought in, get him the ball.

2008 National Champ
      Participant

Never? Never Ever? Never have you Ever seen a Utah WR block downfield as well as Singer?

TruckStopTerrors
      Participant

He’s got great hands undoubtedly, but maybe I’m just seeing things that aren’t there but I feel like he’s let up on routes a couple of times where he was the target. The Cam deep ball in the first half of Baylor is a great example. That was a very good throw and a ball that needs to be caught and yet I felt watching the replay that he(Singer) slowed down while the ball was in the air and it made all the difference. Again, maybe I’m wrong.

2008 National Champ
        Participant

it was a superb throw and not an easy catch. but a big-time receiver will make sure that ball doesn’t hit the ground. I’m sure Singer was kicking himself all weekend about that drop and apologized during today’s film review.

1 1
          Dallas
          Participant

That was a tough drop to watch after all the hype around him.

Jim Vanderhoof
      Participant

Singer looks great to me. He will get better each game learning the system and getting the timing down.

The combination of him and Parks are money! We just need to get them the ball. Nick Saban said on the college game day that big plays are must to win games now. You can’t depend on the run and short passing game. That’s proven true in our first two games. We’ve had some big plays. It puts the defense on its heels.

enigami344
      Participant

he did have a great block for Money Park on the first TD. And he was pumped about it. Glad to see he is a team player. Need to get him involve more

Charlie
      Participant

I agree. There are and have been good WR blockers. However, Singer has a great ability to block far down field and block out of his route because of great speed. So far he is a willing blocker but also happy to occupy a double team to create other options. I expect there is more to see going forward. Hopefully he will be viewed like DLs where high stats are not expected when he demands a double team so much. Good question for a scout, would you want the WR with the most catches or the one with fewer but demands a double?

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.