EA rankings for toughest stadiums

Viewing 2 reply threads

fosternano
      Ute Fan
      @fosternano

Utah coming in at 18th, and the only Big 12 program to be ranked in the top 25.

I agree with EA on this one. Utah has an amazing home record, but the stadium capacity hurts them a bit.

Ute in Chatt
      Ute Fan
      @phinney23

I would still love for us to get between 62,000 and 65,000 staduim capacity over the next few years. I think we do have the fan base to fill that consistently. I think when the MUSS is energized about the game, it becomes one of the most difficult places to play for the size of our stadium.

Central Coast Ute
        Ute Fan
        @flip2848

The trend nowadays is to downsize and go with premium seating. I don’t see the Utes increasing the size. It really would be unnecessary

Matt
      Ute Fan
      @mgparker

Unless you are in the SEC or big 10, stadiums that get refurbished are getting less capacity with nicer seating. Like ASU. No doubt Utah could fill a 60k seat stadium. I just don’t see it going that direction.

My team down south needs some serious stadium upgrades, per B12 brass. They put in a new grass field this year. A nice big screen in the south end zone a couple years ago.

I think they will soon completely renovate the west stands and press box. Then the next year do the east side. I’d like to see them connect all the stands in the corners, but doubt that happens.

MDUte
        Ute Fan
        @mdute

Agree with ya Matt. I’d much rather Utah enhance the stadium vs add unnecessary capacity. And there’s plenty that needs to be done to make RES better.

fosternano
          Ute Fan
          @fosternano

If the Olympics come to salt lake that should help get some funds to really update the stadium. Too bad it wouldn’t be for another 10 years.

UteNamedOg
        Ute Fan
        @utenamedog

I’ve seen this trend too. If you Google largest stadiums I think the Wikipedia article has a cricket stadium, somewhere in North Korea, then it’s all BIG10 and SEC. Allegiant has seating for about 60k, and Sofi has 70. Compare this to Floridas stadium which seats 90k but requires a tetanus shot before and after games.

Ute in Chatt
          Ute Fan
          @phinney23

I do get what yall are saying, but I disagree with that. If we are going to take the next step, I do feel like we need something that’s partially a little bit bigger. I’m not saying to take it to 75 or 80 thousand. But most sec stadiums and big 10 stadiums are way over our 54000 +. There are exceptions in there Oregon, Maryland, Mississippi state, Northwestern, and a few others. I think we need to stand out if we ever plan on moving to the next level. I love our stadium.
          I just want everything in our favor if there ever is a chance to jump to the level. Most of those other schools have either money, location, or market value going for them. And TDS stadium made one of the worst lists not too long ago. As long as we do it, right.
          And keep it awesome. I said go for it.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football EA rankings for toughest stadiums