Next:
Utah @  Oklahoma State
Fox

ESPN+, How many games do we expect for Utah Utes?

Welcome Forums Utah Utes Sports Football ESPN+, How many games do we expect for Utah Utes?

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author
      UofU Fanatic
      Participant

I’m trying to decide if I want to subscribe for tomorrow’s game but I’m not sure how many ESPN+ games we will actually have.

Any educated guesses?

2 2
      RedUte14
      Participant

depending on how the season goes. I only see Houston and maybe Iowa State being on ESPN+
      I imagine the other games get picked up by major networks.
      I’m going to hold out until I need it on a month to month basis.

6 1
        RedUte14
        Participant

But if you want to watch other teams in the Big12, then I would definitely get it.

DemosthenesRed
      Participant

I’ve been assuming it will be similar to about the number of times we were on PAC 12 NET, so call it 3 to 5 for the season?

Utah
        Participant

The biggest difference is that in the PAC-12, USC, UCLA, Oregon, Washington, Cal, Stanford were all bigger brands than us.

Who is a bigger brand in the Big 12? Maybe Colorado?

So I’d bet we’d have a lot more games on the major networks in this conference, especially if we are ranked.

ProudUte
      Participant

If we stay ranked, I suspect that tomorrow’s game may be our only ESPN+ game. Four other games are already on the TV schedule; Baylor, USU, ASU, and UCF. That leaves seven games not yet scheduled. They are all P4 conference games. Again, as long as we stay good – I believe we will be picked up by ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, Fox, FS1, etc.

I got ESPN+ because there will be a lot of games played there. This gives me the option to watch games that I want to see. For example, the week before we play Houston, they might be on ESPN+. I would like to see that game. That being said, I am a college football junkie. I like to watch a lot of college football.

OmahaOmaha
      Participant

And if you like other sports like baseball, softball, LAX, volleyball and soccer then get it. I think it’s a bargain and far more comprehensive than the P12N.

cicampbe
      Participant

Dumb question, but can’t I pay $10.99 (or whatever) for one month of ESPN+ just to watch the game tomorrow then cancel? Or does it need to be a longer commitment?

UofU Fanatic
        Participant

Pretty certain you can cancel anytime and do the month by month payment

pics
        Participant

I believe I saw a 3 day free trial that would give you tomorrow’s game for no money.

Utesbyfive
      Participant

I hate ESPN+ I have serious problems with the ESPN app on both my roku and PC. It simply won’t load, and I’ve been trying for days to figure it out. It should not be this difficult. So far I can watch it on my phone, and one laptop. It’s p**sing me off.

ryynoo
        Participant

If you have a Smart TV you could try to install the app there or just load it in the browser.

Utesbyfive
          Participant

Yes, don’t think I haven’t tried everything. If I load the ESPN app on my roku, I can’t even get in, it goes straight to a “Location not allowed” message, like I’m in a blackout area. I’ve checked every router setting I can to figure out why. I believe that the problem is not with my networking gear inside my house. I think Xmission has routing trouble with ESPN.

I can watch it on my desktop while signed into a VPN, so that’s how it will have to be.

Utegator
            Participant

Occasionally I’ll randomly get that error. I usually have to uninstall and then re-install the app and then it will work normally after logging in again. Maybe that will solve it if you haven’t already tried.

Warrior Ute
        Participant

I agree the ESPN+ app on Roku is awful.

I have the Hulu+ live tv bundle with ESPN and Disney+. The Hulu app has a much better interface than ESPN+. ESPN+ will often hang up when I start to start a program or game. I don’t have that problem with Hulu.

Hulu will record ESPN+ games to my stuff if I record all games from a team.

Just another option to see it. Hulu+ Live TV is far from perfect. In my opinion Fubo and Sling interfaces are both better.

Utesbyfive
          Participant

Yes! Thank you. I wasn’t aware it was available on Hulu. I now have it, and it’s working great. Of course now, I have paid for September twice. :/

utahman3431
          Participant

Just a heads up: you don’t need the live TV Hulu subscription. If you have an ESPN+ subscription you can get the game on the Hulu app under the sports section. I agree that the Hulu interface is so much smoother! I couldn’t get the ESPN app to work on some of my devices, but Hulu is working perfectly for me to record the game 🙂

//r00t4Utes
      Participant

As others have said, it very likely might only be 1. Obviously, nothing official since they haven’t been announced, but even the local media has commented that they only “expect” the SUU game to be on ESPN+.

And the OK St fan that posts here, I believe, said the same.

Knoblocker
        Participant

This. One, maybe two non-conference games is all you should expect to be on ESPN+ for football. What I love about ESPN+ is I can watch all the Big 12 baseball, softball, soccer, wrestling, and basketball too.

AlohaUte
      Participant

I wish it was all of them as I’m subscribed to it, but I don’t have regular ESPn or Fox. But I only expect 2 or 3 games on ESPN+. I think Utah is enough of a draw at the top.of the conference to get most games on regular TV.

Texasute
      Participant

If a game is on ESPN, will it also be available on ESPN+? Or are they completely separate?

Utah
        Participant

If it’s on ESPN or ABC, your ESPN+ subscription won’t work. You need a Youtube tv/Fubo/Sling/Cable subscription to access ESPN and over the air antennae to get ABC.

UtahPilot47
      Participant

I was leery to buy into another streaming service but I have found that I like ESPN+. There is a lot of entertaining FCS games each week. Just a lot of great additional sports content in general. My son plays D2 football and the only way to see the playoffs was this way.

High Uintas
      Participant

Once you get into conference play, the prime slots on the big networks will be filled with Big Ten and SEC games. I don’t see a lot of difference between playing on minor linear channels and streaming on ESPN+. Either way, the exposure will be meager.

Summit Ute
      Participant

We did the Disney Plus, Hulu, ESPN+ bundle for the season. I think it’s $25 a month.

Hahnenwk
        Participant

I was hoping i would have complete access to all men’s and women’s basketball. True?

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.